SO CONFUSED!! someone please help me.out

Options
Okay so I have been.reading the eat more to weigh less... Heard about tdee and.bmr etc. I just can't grasp the.concept. I have been eating 1200 cal a day... Always nets for.less.since I work out.... It worked the first 10 lbs but the scale will not move now! So here are my stats:
Bmi 22.8
Rmr 1449
Bmr 1465
Tdee 2271.
Can someone.PLEASE Just tell me how many calories I need to eat to start losing again!!

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh currently and how much are you looking to lose?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Okay so I have been.reading the eat more to weigh less... Heard about tdee and.bmr etc. I just can't grasp the.concept. I have been eating 1200 cal a day... Always nets for.less.since I work out.... It worked the first 10 lbs but the scale will not move now! So here are my stats:
    Bmi 22.8
    Rmr 1449
    Bmr 1465
    Tdee 2271.
    Can someone.PLEASE Just tell me how many calories I need to eat to start losing again!!

If you know your TDEE, then cut 20% from that number and eat that every day. If you want us to validate that, then post your stats as requested above and your workout routine. But yes, looking at your diary, you are under eating which makes your body hold onto the fat.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Didn't we just talk about this over here?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/646879-tdee
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Bmi 22.8
    Rmr 1449
    Bmr 1465
    Tdee 2271.

"I have been eating 1200 cal a day... Always nets for.less.since I work out" - You are not eating at 1200 if you're netting less! I look at your diary and most days you barely hit 1000 which is way under your bmr. If you are in fact logging everything accurately you are NOT EATING ENOUGH!
  • mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bmi 22.8
    Rmr 1449
    Bmr 1465
    Tdee 2271.

If you know your TDEE, then cut 20% from that number and eat that every day. If you want us to validate that, then post your stats as requested above and your workout routine. But yes, looking at your diary, you are under eating which makes your body hold onto the fat.

and if you're adjusting your calorie intake to TDEE less 20%, do not eat back your exercise calories as exercise has already been factored in to your TDEE. Correct me if I'm wrong on that folks, but that's how I understand it. :)
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes we just discussed this but I cant come up with a number .... I'm still confused....
    And cw is 137 gw 118
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Take your TDEE. Multiply by 20%. Subtract the smaller number from the bigger number. Eat that amount every day.

2271 x 20% = 454
    2271 - 454 = 1817

So, the answer is about 1,800 calories.
  • cheergirl1993
    Options
    Thanks so much! Sorry it took so long for.me to.understand!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Yes we just discussed this but I cant come up with a number .... I'm still confused....
    And cw is 137 gw 118

How tall are you?

There is a good chance that your goal weight might be unobtainable without losing muscle. Any chance you know your body fat?
  • cheergirl1993
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I.do.not.know.my body fat .. wish I did
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I am 5'5 and I.do.not.know.my body fat .. wish I did

If you can figure it out, it would be very beneficial to you.

So if you are 137 and lets say 25% body fat (common for women) you would have 102 lbs of lean body mass (muscle, tissue, bone, etc..), If you went down to 118 @ 18% body fat (which is really good for a woman, you would then have 96 lbs of lean body mass. Thence you would lose 6 lbs of muscle. So ideally, you should aim for 125 @ 18% or 120 @ 15% body fat to maintain you muscle.

ps - you can use this link to estimate your Body Fat http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/ . But the lower the current body fat, the harder it will be to cut weight and maintain muscle.