Cleanse

Options
About to start a pretty intense 3-week cleanse. Anyone have any advice or experience? The recommendation is not to workout... but I am thinking of lowering the intensity and still continuing to workout. Would love to hear from you!

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    About to start a pretty intense 3-week cleanse. Anyone have any advice or experience? The recommendation is not to workout... but I am thinking of lowering the intensity and still continuing to workout. Would love to hear from you!

IMO - cleanses are not necessary and put undo stress on the body. Your liver and kidneys perform that function. If you want to help them out eat healthy, eat clean and drink lots of water:drinker: . There's no need to torture yourself!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Waste of time. Want a cleanse? Eat some more fiber and drink some water.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stay away from anything that recommends you not workout.
  • camiller07
    camiller07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Be careful. If you do decide to do the cleans I would not work out on top of it. I have tried a cleanse and it did me no good. yes, I lost a lot of weight in a week but it was clearly just muscle since I wasn't able to work out. I also felt tired the entire time and had absolutely no energy. Then once I started eating again I gained everything back. my advice would be to continue eating the calories you should be eating and just eat a lot of fruit and you will get the same 'cleanse' result.
    Good luck.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice everyone. this is a full body cleanse, cleanses all systems, not just the "gut"... eliminates toxins, etc. i am sure eating clean is great for many things, but it does not do such a detailed, intense job.... i eat clean already...

i will head the advice about the workout! i definitely think the body will be stressed....
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice everyone. this is a full body cleanse, cleanses all systems, not just the "gut"... eliminates toxins, etc. i am sure eating clean is great for many things, but it does not do such a detailed, intense job.... i eat clean already...

i will head the advice about the workout! i definitely think the body will be stressed....

...because you are putting it through complete and utter bullsh*t..

Seriously, there is no "eliminating toxins". You have organs that do that for you, your liver and kidneys handle this function end to effing end.

What job do you need done already? Are you ill? Inferm? How do you cleanse your lungs exactly? What systems need to be cleansed and how?

Also stop abusing elipsis.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone can offer advice without more details on what this cleanse is about, how it works and why you are doing it. But if the recommendation is not to work out, then my advice would be not to work out. Then again, my advice would be not to cleanse either, so take that for what it's worth.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Seriously, there is no "eliminating toxins". You have organs that do that for you, your liver and kidneys handle this function end to effing end.

What job do you need done already? Are you ill? Inferm? How do you cleanse your lungs exactly? What systems need to be cleansed and how?

^This
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options

^This

This ^ again
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Okay, apparently not the type of helpful people I was looking for. Thanks anyways. Have a wonderful day.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Okay, apparently not the type of helpful people I was looking for. Thanks anyways. Have a wonderful day.

You got help, you are just ignoring it because it was not what you wanted to hear.

When faced with a differing opinion you can choose to ignore it or you can choose to listen to it, evaluate it based on it's merit, and decide accordingly. You have decided the former, and it's unfortunate because you've been given good advice.

Good luck to you.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

don't be a sucker.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

You got help, you are just ignoring it because it was not what you wanted to hear.

When faced with a differing opinion you can choose to ignore it or you can choose to listen to it, evaluate it based on it's merit, and decide accordingly. You have decided the former, and it's unfortunate because you've been given good advice.

Good luck to you.

Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. Nobody deserves to be attacked.
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I totally agree.. we can't tell her not to cleanse if we don't know what it entails. Dr. Oz recommends a great cleanse... granted it isn't 3 weeks, but still.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    double post, sorry
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Don't die
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options

wait.... if you eat clean, then what do you need to cleanse??
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Good luck to you.
    The unfortunate part is that she's going to starve herself and workout, and probably see some weight loss in the short-run. Which will only serve to confirm her engrained belief that she's "cleansing" all these "toxins". Oh well.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    So sorry:flowerforyou: But you won't get a lot of positive feedback regarding cleanses or extreme diets on this site.

Cleanses are unnecessary
    they put stress on your body
    some of them are costly and can drain your pocket book $$!!
    it can actually mess up your metabolism and digestion...helloooo constipation or diarrhea:grumble:
    fatique

No thank you!! I'd rather spend the money on a Spa day and pamper myself!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I totally agree.. we can't tell her not to cleanse if we don't know what it entails. Dr. Oz recommends a great cleanse... granted it isn't 3 weeks, but still.

A cleanse is a cleanse, they're all useless and put undue stress on the body. The OP has yet to be attacked... strong words are required when someone refuses to listen to reason.. but attacking would fall more along the lines of, "you're not very bright, are you?" ... and nobody has questioned the OP's intelligence ... yet.