Hungry

Options
I have been really hungry since last night. I'm down another pound today and I actually went 500 calories over yesterday because I was SO hungry. My calories are up to almost 1500 day compared to when they were 1200 and I am actually hungrier than I was then, not sick and dizzy, but hungry. Maybe that means my metabolism is working. Anyone know???

Replies

• its time for change
    Options
    I have been really hungry since last night. I'm down another pound today and I actually went 500 calories over yesterday because I was SO hungry. My calories are up to almost 1500 day compared to when they were 1200 and I am actually hungrier than I was then, not sick and dizzy, but hungry. Maybe that means my metabolism is working. Anyone know???
  • wackadoodle
    wackadoodle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im starving today also. I wont give in though, I just ate my lunch a little earlier than I normally do. For me I am saying it is because I am making myself do more every day yet I have been eating less and less so I would say its normal for me to be hungry. I have maintained today by pushing the water. When my mind starts to focus on the fact that I am hungry I DO SOMETHING else to take up my time from thinking about it. Just some thoughts, it seems it might be something in the air today I've noticed a lot of folks saying the same thing....IM HUNGRY!

Best of luck to you!
    Peggy
  • its time for change
    Options
    Thanks Peggy. You are right about trying to do something so that you don't think about being hungry. I am usually not as hungry in the day time when I can stay busy and active but at night, when I have to be quiet, I just can't ignore my stomach. I guess that I will have to stick with my old theory of if my stomach is growling, yea!!, it's shrinking, lol.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I do think you are right, on some days we are just hungry, and I also take that as a sign that my metabolism is gearing up.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree. I am also having a hungry day. I am really really craving protein! I don't think I've ever craved it this much...at least not that I can remember. I don't want to go over my calories. I didn't eat much last week due to sickness so I am assuming my body needs it. I don't have many calories left today so I can't snack on nuts as much as I'd like to. I am tempted to call my hubby and tell hm to bring home some steaks for dinner. LOL
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i was STARVING today and went baout 400 over today :ohwell: but i'll make up for it tomorrow by staying under and going to the gym. I couldn't really avoid going over it, i was so hungry and NEEDED to eat!
  • its time for change
    Options
    I bought some yummy peanut butter chocolate chip rice cakes. 60 calories a cake. Really good and since I had so many calories left over (I knew what I was going to eat for dinner and had it inputed already), I ate 3!! I could not even finish my dinner a few hours later. I went from being hungry to being stuffed. I'm hoping that I don't go back and finish my dinner or want to eat anymore for the day. I mean,if I am full, I don't have to eat my calories right??