BodyMedia FIT VS. Bodybugg

Options
I'm thinking about getting a tool to help me track my calories burned so I'm more efficient at losing weight. They are expensive and I just wanted to hear some feedback from people who have one of these products so I can see if they are worth the money. Thanks for helping me out. :smile:

Replies

• ShandaNP
    ShandaNP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I purchased a FitBit and its pretty good at tracking the calories when you start the timer. They were $99 tho. I did go to amazon.com and purchased a timex HRM for $70-ish and the calories are more acurate but there are no tracking steps taken or stairs or miles like the FitBit
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    I purchased a FitBit and its pretty good at tracking the calories when you start the timer. They were $99 tho. I did go to amazon.com and purchased a timex HRM for $70-ish and the calories are more acurate but there are no tracking steps taken or stairs or miles like the FitBit

I have a timex HRM and I can say it's not particularly accurate. Not bad, but not great. Everything I've read says that bodybugs and BMF are much more accurate.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    There's no difference between the devices themselves. They are made by the same company. The online and phone interfaces are different, though, and apparently a bit better for Bodymedia fit. The Bodymedia also tracks sleep patterns while the bodybugg does not.

I got a bodybugg because it was cheapest - you can get them for $79 through the end of the month. I posted details here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/612937-bodybugg-on-sale-99-or-79-with-code

So far I really like it.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 HRM.....its really good!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

Sure, but HRMs and devices like the Bodybugg, Bodymedia, Fitbit have very different purposes.

If you want to track workout calories and heart rate, get an HRM. The Polar FT4 is a great lower priced option.

If you want to track calories expended 24 hours a day along with steps taken, an HRM is not the right option.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options

Sure, but HRMs and devices like the Bodybugg, Bodymedia, Fitbit have very different purposes.

If you want to track workout calories and heart rate, get an HRM. The Polar FT4 is a great lower priced option.

If you want to track calories expended 24 hours a day along with steps taken, and HRM is not the right option.

It would seem that if calories are your focus then the bodybugg would be best. HRM approximate calories and breakdown for different kinds of exercises (like strength training). So if you want to know calories, do a bodybogg or whatever then use your total burn for the day. If you want to know your heart rate, a HRM is best.
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input. I ordered my bodgbugg today!!