losing motivationnn!!

Options
for the past two weeks ive been on vacation... away from home with my bf and his family .. so i couldnt be too picky about the food i was eating .. so i figure what hell I'm on vaca i'll eat what i want .. the way i figure is this will be lifetime goal.. not just a " diet". So everyones up to speed I've lost a total of 54lbs since January.. still would like to lose another 20-30. God I feel like the first 50 was a breeze!! Now comes the hard part... I have an entirely new body.. with an appetite like no otherr!! I was really nervous weighing myself when i got home.. to find out i only gained a pound.. not good but not terrible.. I feel I'm losing motivation.. and energy lately.. . and find it really hard to get back on track! Anybody else out there that's lost a significant amount of weight.. with a little more to lose..thats having a really tough time?? halpp!

Replies

• Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 20 lbs, but congrats on the 54bls. That is an awesome accomplishment. I bet you fill so much better & have alot more energy. So use that energy to help you set & meet you next mini goal. You can do it. I am also proud you only gained 1 lb on vacation, that right there says alot. Good Luck & keep going. Never quit until you meet your goal.
  • proctor0828
    Options
    You've lost motivation and energy because you haven't done it in awhile.,. I always feel crudy if I take breaks too. That's why on my "day of rest" I do an hour of stretching... that way I don't break my stride. Congrats on only gaining a pound though! Be sure to recalculate your BMR and redo all your math as you loose weight. When we loose weight our bmr changes and you might end up taking in to many calories if you don't keep on top of it. Good Luck on your next 30.... I've lost 33 and have 21 more to go so I'm right there with you.
  • MrsGrace
    MrsGrace Posts: 13
    Options
    Do you have any new videos you can use, or maybe find a friend to work out with a few days a week? Try to change up your routine. And whatever you do, don't drown your sorrows in food!!!!!

These are my tips (not that you asked, I'm giving them anyway!!!) when you feel depressed and you want something to eat:

1. Before you eat anything..... have at least 8oz of water. Drink the water slowly and wait. Sometimes we get our bodies "hungry" signals confused with "thirsty" signals.

2. Go exercise. 10 minutes, 5 minutes... doesn't matter, but commit to a few minutes of walking, jumping jacks... Even if you can't get outside, put on some good music and DANCE!! Do something. Drop a do a few quick pushups, do lunges down the hallway as you carry laundry, quick crunches... something.

3. Call a friend. Start talking to someone on the phone, or online. Get your mind off of being blue and focused on something greater than yourself.

Good luck..... Anyone else have other ideas for vhay???
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You've lost motivation and energy because you haven't done it in awhile.,. I always feel crudy if I take breaks too. That's why on my "day of rest" I do an hour of stretching... that way I don't break my stride. Congrats on only gaining a pound though! Be sure to recalculate your BMR and redo all your math as you loose weight. When we loose weight our bmr changes and you might end up taking in to many calories if you don't keep on top of it. Good Luck on your next 30.... I've lost 33 and have 21 more to go so I'm right there with you.

thats a great idea about the stretching!! like it!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I was losing motivation on my current work out so I changed to a new one. And I really like my new one, it makes me want to do it everyday.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say "congrats" for only gaining a pound - it is so hard being on vacation and away from your frig and your normal eating habits! I hope I do as well as you when I'm on vacation in November! Keep logging your food and keeping track of it - preplan your next day - this should help you stay focused. Make sure you have all the foods you need each day so you don't get tempted to eat anything off your plan. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. You can do it, look at how far you have come already.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You have to keep that long term goal in your head at all times. Think ahead a year in the future, and ask yourself where you want to be a year from now. It's the one thing that keeps me going when all else fails. I know that year is going to pass one way or another, and I can look in the mirror in 12 months and feel sad and depressed that I wasted all of that time when I could be looking in the mirror and thinking, "I am so glad I stuck with it through the hard times, because look at me now!"

We make our own motivation most of the time, ya just gotta do it. I'm learning too that you can't really take every opportunity (like vacations, parties, bbq's, a night out with the girls) to overindulge. That being said, you also can't give up just because you haven't been sticking to your plan for a while. Every day is a new chance to renew that commitment to yourself.