Insanity or p90x results/ pics??

Options

Replies

• ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I am a p90x user- - - - I have heard insanity is good, but p90x has melted away my inches!!!!! I love it!!!!!

I agree!! I don't have before and afters to show yet, but in the 1st 3 weeks of P90x ..theres a major difference already!
  • Nillia2
    Nillia2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Posted a topic just on asking for suggestions or tips on insanity. This one really helped me, but it would be great if you guys that did insanity could respond to some of my questions on my post..Thanks muchly
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/647790-shaun-t-insanity-tips-and-suggestions

PS. Before and afters are all great and inspirational!:)
  • Nillia2
    Nillia2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok here is the thing!
    With INSANITY you don't use weights, ONLY your body weight! you lose pounds and you are getting tight EVERYWHERE. It helps to boost your metabolism and it stays that way for a looong time (if you don't pig out)
    With P90X you use weights, you get more muscles, BUT if you quit you gonna go back and I'm afraid you'll get a worse body :( So you have to do it all your life I guess,,,, BUT you will see results really quick and you will get bulky. So it's your decision.

My husband and I chose INSANITY, he lost 30 pounds, I lost 17. It was the best decision ever. I just dont like weights cuz I used to do that and after I quit my hands were so flabby like of an old woman ewww. plus, We stopped INSANITY like 2 months ago but I still got my tight body plus the crazy metabolism. My picture is the result of INSANITY and my husband is in my friends Airman42 you can have a look. GOOD LUCK with whatever u choose!!!

this is very inspiring!, looking forward to when I start!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Ok here is the thing!
    With INSANITY you don't use weights, ONLY your body weight! you lose pounds and you are getting tight EVERYWHERE. It helps to boost your metabolism and it stays that way for a looong time (if you don't pig out)
    With P90X you use weights, you get more muscles, BUT if you quit you gonna go back and I'm afraid you'll get a worse body :( So you have to do it all your life I guess,,,, BUT you will see results really quick and you will get bulky. So it's your decision.

My husband and I chose INSANITY, he lost 30 pounds, I lost 17. It was the best decision ever. I just dont like weights cuz I used to do that and after I quit my hands were so flabby like of an old woman ewww. plus, We stopped INSANITY like 2 months ago but I still got my tight body plus the crazy metabolism. My picture is the result of INSANITY and my husband is in my friends Airman42 you can have a look. GOOD LUCK with whatever u choose!!!

I disagree with this! I haven't used Insanity yet, and I believe its a great program so I am not knocking it at all! But I disagree with the "you will bulk up" and "have to use it forever, or you go back to a worse body" Gaining muscle is a GOOD thing. Especially for definition and to shape your body. Not to mention you burn way more, for way longer with muscle. You will NOT "bulk" up doing P90X. You will tone and define. Bulking up would take crazy amounts of weights, reps and gaining weight. It doesn't happen that way. If you ever see the videos, all the females on it have done P90X till the cows came home and they are in NO WAY bulky.
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Photo0003.jpg
    Before p90x

Photo0026.jpg
    After Phase 2

I completed it last week and loved loved loved it!
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I've done both (no pics, sorry!), and I find that Insanity is better to amp up your cardio, while P90x is a better strength tool. Don't get me wrong, you still get great cardio workouts with P90X (Cardio X, Plyometrics, etc.) and vice versa with Insanity (Cardio Power & Resistance). I definitely saw more muscle definition after P90x, and my cardio is definitely getting a kick in the pants with Insanity. You could do a hybrid workout to get the best of both worlds! They are both pretty extreme workouts!! Good luck to you!

This :)
  • run2jeepn
    run2jeepn Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Women normally get better results with these style of Workouts.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I'd like to add one thing. These Video's are great for dropping Weight, but they will not Build enough Muscle to Shape your body. At first they might, but will quickly plateau. Unless you add some sort of resistant training along with enough protein. Ones Body shape wont change much.

Not trying to take away from the 100's of Before and After Pic's... But many of them look sick and weak. Very few look Strong, Toned and in shape. They might be skinny, but it's the wrong kind of Skinny. IMO (But still better then being over weight)

I also lifted weights 3 days a week and ate 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass. I did not lose much muscle while doing the program
  • FitDadx3
    FitDadx3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As a father of 2 girls, my health had been my last priority for many years. Things needed to change because I wanted to be around them for as long as possible and set a good example for them.

When I started P90X, my main focus was to become healthy. I didn't take measurements because I didn't care. They weren't important. What mattered to me was committing to the P90X program in hopes that it would change my life...and it did! I worked my butt off and followed the nutrition plan.

I shed 54lbs in my first round of P90X. I dropped 22lbs my first month, 14 my second month, and 18 the next.

I have since completed Insanity and am now in my 2nd week of a P90X/Insanity hybrid. My transformation has been amazing, and my family loves the more energetic me!

P90X-Round-1-e1340774273105.png
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have both, and I've tried both, and I feel like they are two completely different workouts.

Insanity is great for cardio and getting lean, while P90x is more weights and muscle building.

Pros
    Insanity - workouts vary, no equipment needed, high intensity
    P90X - awesome if you want to learn more about strength training, and you're looking to build muscle (not nec. bulk up), P90X Ab Ripper X is fantastic, and even when I'm not doing a beachbody program I still come back and do abs once a week <3

Cons
    Insanity - Very high impact, if you have back or knee problems insanity will be extremely difficult. It kills my back
    P90X - I found difficult to do unless I wrote it down and did it on my own at the gym with a variety of weights, with just the weights I had at home some exercises were way to easy and some way to hard.

Overall I prefer insanity, even though it's hard on my back.
  • jayrdubya
    jayrdubya Posts: 12
    Options
    Is it hard on your knees?
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I did 70 out of the 90 days of P90X. Sadly on day 71 I aggravated a pre existing injury and I haven't started over P90X yet.

Comparing day 60 to day 1:
    weight lost -17.4 lbs or -8.2%
    body fat % lost -7.8 percent or a decrease of -28.9%
    Chest lost -1.375 inches or -3.3%
    waist (narrowest part) lost -2.125 inches or -5.6%
    hips (biggest part of butt) lost -1.375 inches or -3.2%
    R thigh lost -2.125 inches or -8.6%
    L Thigh lost -1.625 inches or -6.8%
    R Bicep lost -0.375 inches or -2.6%
    L Bicep lost -0.25 inches or -1.8%

I noticed the biggest gains starting around week 5 or 6. I felt like my results were increasing at an exponential rate during the program.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Alright, this thread got me going on P90X, thanks people! I do have one question, though it might sound odd. How exactly do you go your hardest? I mean, when I'm running I pay attention to my HRM, when I'm lifting weights I lift however much I can to achieve a certain number of reps. But with P90X, well, do you go your hardest at the beginning even if your performance will suffer later on? Do you keep going at a relatively moderate pace? I just finished my first plyometrics, and I mean I was winded throughout, but my legs didn't start to burn. I mean I'm barely strong enough to even do some of the exercises, did anyone start out at that point? Thanks y'all!
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add one thing. These Video's are great for dropping Weight, but they will not Build enough Muscle to Shape your body. At first they might, but will quickly plateau. Unless you add some sort of resistant training along with enough protein. Ones Body shape wont change much.

Not trying to take away from the 100's of Before and After Pic's... But many of them look sick and weak. Very few look Strong, Toned and in shape. They might be skinny, but it's the wrong kind of Skinny. IMO (But still better then being over weight)

LOL. Just incase you think these programs dont build muscle in a sustainable manner. This is my coach, Wayne Wyatt. He achieved this with nothing but P90X and P90X2. Just saying.

WayneBEfore-After.jpg
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    i have insanity did it for 1 month before my husband came back frm deployment managed to drop 10 lbs followed nutrition plan tho but i did feel better my metabolism was great really had improved and i was gaing toned using body resistance im actually going to start it again after being on forums like this really getting me started but first i want to drop 10 lbs then do it either way these programs help build muscles different ways tho but insanity is mainly cardio / body resistance now before starting it i wasnt in shape at all just attended few zumba classes but after 3 days u get use to it
  • outspan87
    outspan87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Insanity is mostly cardio and will mainly help you lose weight and gain endurance/strength. From what I've gathered, P90X is a more complete workout: the cardio is not as intense as Insanity, but the program will help you build muscle faster than Insanity. So as a rule of thumb, pick Insanity if you want a lean body like that of a sprinter, and P90X if you mostly want a muscular body.

I'm on week 3 of Insanity and getting very noticeable results in strength and endurance, also lost 4 pounds.
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    I have one more week of Insanity left and so far I have lost 10 lbs, 26 total inches, and went from a size 9 to a size 5. :):bigsmile:
  • MirandaEnlightened
    Options
    I am thinking about trying Insanity or p90x and was wondering what kind of results pople have gotten with the programs. Please post pics or just numbers is fine.

P90X after 3 weeks only!!!

belly.jpg
  • theworkoutgirl
    theworkoutgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's so great! What did u do to get those abs?
  • amyonkman
    amyonkman Posts: 25
    Options
    Bump! I need motivation to pop in Kenpo X and the other DVDs. Sigh. I would have finished my first round next week too! Ugh. :(
    Im doing P90X right now, started before but stopped, going strong for now! ;) But I also had issues with Kenpo..if you dont like it you can always sub and do Cardio X to get a cardio workout in if you wanted. Im might do that :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!