Butter chicken question!!!

Hi All,

So I absolutely love Indian food, particularly butter chicken. I have started a low carb diet recently and I can't find any info on the carb count for the butter chicken in the sauce alone (not including the naan or rice). Obviously it's delicious with the naan bread but I could eat it without it to get my fix. Does anyone know the carbs for butter chicken without the bread or rice???

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    depends on the preparation, but pretty minimal i would think.

here's a random recipe found on google.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-indian-butter-chicken/
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    IT completely depends on the recipe. If you have a recipe, plug it into MFP's recipe maker and how man servings it is, and then it will give you all the info for it. If you find that it is too high, I think you can edit the recipe to make it more how you want it.

Do you have a good recipe to share? I love indian food.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    every restaurant makes it very differently. In india every home have its own recipe.

Generally speaking though 1 cup cooked would have 19 grams of carbs
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Here is how I make it.
    Take about 2 tbsp butter, melt in pan, start cooking a whole chopped onion, and couple cut garlic pieces, add spices (cumin, coriander, garam masala, salt, pepper, anything else you want to add)
    once that is getting sauteed, add diced chicken (I usually do lamb).

Cook the chicken until just about done, you can add any kind of tomato. I use a nice quality marinara or chunky spag sauce. I also add frozen peas. Then add a couple dashes of light cream to the pan.. let it cook another 5-10 minutes while stirring.

I eat mine over roasted acorn squash. Delish. (Now I feel like making it!)