Rate This Pic - Did no one take a statistics class?

Options
skinnedknee101
skinnedknee101 Posts: 92 Member
I'm probably going to get crap for this post, but on all these rate-me threads, people almost never put 5 or below (myself included). 5 is average and perfectly acceptable and where I'd assume MOST people are. If most people were over 5 then that would be the new 5. Get what I'm saying? I realize we are all here to be supportive, hence me always rating people above average too. I just think it's kinda funny is all. Or maybe we just live in a beautiful society where everyone is above average looking. That seems like an oxy-moron to me though. I know it's all subjective, etc. So don't beat me up for this post; it's just an observation.

Replies

• myers0machine
    Options
    aha your funny i agree with this doll rite here i am one to speak the truth or wots on my minded if your fat ill be teeling ya if your ugly ill be telling ya (only to the ones who think they are gods gift that is tho)
  • cyurt
    cyurt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    for sure. agreed.
  • skinnedknee101
    Options
    Thanks for the affirmation, you two!
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    Ok, I"ll be the ugly one this time and rate myself a 2.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    its a supportive site...people are afraid to go lower than a 7. idw hurt feelings just avoid those threads altogether lol
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. The few times I did see someone be honest in those threads--they got reamed for it by others. If I can't honestly rate someone a 7-10 I just leave and don't rate.
  • skinnedknee101
    Options
    I think someone should start a thread that asks, " out of the 3 previous posters, who's most attractive." Ok, not really. That's kinda mean.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I never comment on those threads, because what's the point---you can't be honest anyhow.
  • Lindsey1985x
    Lindsey1985x Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Agreed. sometimes its "your turn" to rate the above poster and it might be a bad pic but you do the nice thing and say a 9 to not hurt feelings or come across as mean... i mean i'm nothing special so who am i to judge others by a number - albeit for fun.

I'm guilty of having created such a thread - i thought it'd be nice to share some Warm Fuzzies... but I'm going to keep away from these sort of posts in the future too... they're kinda weird.

Lindsey1985x
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. If someone is "average looking" I'll rate them at least a 7. I don't know why, I guess I just really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings! Haha. I'm pretty sure on that scale no one thinks of 5 as average.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    skinnedknee - cute pic! ... ummm... I give you a 7!
  • tizzie_14
    tizzie_14 Posts: 72
    Options
    I personally think those threads are ridiculous. Every notice the same people post over and over and over and over..... No one is honest on there.
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I suspect from what I see that 9 is the new 5 ;)
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Oh statistics
    I agree - its definately trying to spare peoples feelings
    I always have hated the whole "rate this or that" system
    Who ever really wants to be honest?
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Our morning radio hosts were talking about an app you could pay $1.99 for which would analyze your picture and spit out a rating based on how symmetrical your face was. If you want a cold, hard, analytical answer, I would go with the app or something like it... not somewhere where you have friends and/or possibly know people in passing.

There's always hotornot.com ...
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Lake Wobegon: the little town that time forgot and the decades cannot improve where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I'm happy I'm not the only person who noticed this. I just avoid those threads in general because I probably wouldn't give people a honest rate. It's just superficial.
  • Ashatack
    Ashatack Posts: 41
    Options
    Agreed! totally! and the kicker is the thread title always says be honest and then everyone is full of crap lol. I just read them i dont post because ill say for real and look like a huge *kitten*.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I agree. I hate it.

Countless people being called a ten...on a thread that says be honest, or "only if you can handle the truth".
    Seriously?
    MAYBE one or two out the million users here are a ten.
    I find myself wanting to be honest so I stay away so I'm not told "You're mean, this is a supportive site".

If someone wants honesty, they should be prepared to hear..."You're a 5. There are visible stretch marks on your stomach and cellulite on your thighs. You're ok looking but not that pretty. Your nose is a little big, and you need to pluck that jungle above your eyes. Also, there is a gross zit on your forehead right now".

(that is my honesty about ME right now. )
    Yes it would hurt to hear from a stranger in a forum, but I DON'T POST THREADS asking for honesty. If so that's what I would expect to get.
    Don't blow smoke up people's *kitten* and tell them they're a ten when they have a ton of work to do still and are more like a 6.

People tend to take personality into consideration and that's not what the thread is ASKING.
    You may be a "ten" person, but you probably have some "6" thighs...just sayin.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    skinnedknee - cute pic! ... ummm... I give you a 7!

Screw the pic...the name alone speaks of epic values. I have knee pads for your 9!!