I wish I had taken my measurements

virginiakatie
virginiakatie Posts: 35
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I started on this site this time last week.
I have been watching my food but really got serious last week.
It was only a week so of course I am not expecting HUGE results right out the gate.
But I did AWESOME this past week, if I do say so myself. I really kept to the workout routine and I was excellent about logging my food and never once went over. I ate about 1/2 of my exercise calories too.

There's no different on the scale but I swear I feel different. And I really wish I would have taken my measurements last Monday because I am 100% positive that I would see results there. I wore a shirt the other day and it hung on me, when I wore it a couple of weeks ago, you could see the "pooch" of my stomach. Oh well... I guess I could take my measurements tonight and then we'll see what happens by this time next week :)

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    yes! no time like the present...oh well you missed the first couple inches, but starting now is better than not starting at all! good luck!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    No biggie. It's all about how you look in the mirror anyway, IMO. :smile: I have seen huge fluctuations in my weight over the years, some accompanied by fat or muscle gain, some not. The point is that I can SEE the changes when I look at myself, and FEEL them in my clothing and athleticism! The tape measure is fun to use, but it changes too based on water retention and where you're actually measuring yourself. An inch to the left or the right can make a big difference in the circumference of your arm.
  • I started on this site this time last week.
    I have been watching my food but really got serious last week.
    It was only a week so of course I am not expecting HUGE results right out the gate.
    But I did AWESOME this past week, if I do say so myself. I really kept to the workout routine and I was excellent about logging my food and never once went over. I ate about 1/2 of my exercise calories too.

There's no different on the scale but I swear I feel different. And I really wish I would have taken my measurements last Monday because I am 100% positive that I would see results there. I wore a shirt the other day and it hung on me, when I wore it a couple of weeks ago, you could see the "pooch" of my stomach. Oh well... I guess I could take my measurements tonight and then we'll see what happens by this time next week :)

I feel your pain. I know I have dropped weigh more inches than weight and wish I would have started taking my measurements in the beginning. It would have been awesome to see the changes that way.
This discussion has been closed.