Losing weight from Top to Bottom. Anyone else?

Options
I'm very frustrated because I step on the scale and I've definitely lost weight and I have jeans that are now baggy on me. Only problem is they're still tight on my hips. I have lost weight in my stomach and waist ALOT. But WHY won't my hips get smaller? Will they eventually get smaller like the rest of my body? It's just fat on my hips. So annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have EXACTLY the same problem. Last year when I lost 20lbs, I lost it from everywhere else other than my hips. I mean, my jeans were baggy but I couldn't go down a size because my hips were still too big.
    Sadly you can't spot reduce areas, and fat from that area will eventually go as long as you keep exercising and eating right.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump! I have the exact same problem. Now have a tiny waist and a fairly flat stomach and still look chubby because I can't get rid of the muffin top, even though my jeans won't stay up. So annoying. I'm hoping it is just the last place for it to come off, and that it will with some more work :)
  • phoenix3050
    Options
    I'm losing weight from the outside in. Hand, feet, neck, hips first. Waist is not shrinking as fast. :(
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I do. I can lose weight like crazy from my arms, waist, stomach, boobage, etc. Then, after I weigh about 10lb. total above my torso, my body decides WEEEEEELLLLLLLLL I THINK I WILL LET GO JUST A LITTLE BIT OF THEM HIPS LOL

seriously though it does come off. it still drives me crazy though that i can be wearing small/medium junior tops but misses size 12 in jeans with the waist taken in about 10 inches haha
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    after losing 111 pounds, it started with my face then neck and boobs, and now waist but my darn hips and legs arnt much changed yet lol !!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm top down and bottom up too with everything squishing into the centre.. ugh.. thick waist, slimmer legs.. pants look like balloons! waist measurement won't move!!!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I do not have this problem. My hips are looking smaller, my arms and legs are looking leaner.. my face is thinner.. ny chest is smaller.. my fingers are thinner.. however my GUT is still there! I think it's even more obvious now that everything else has slimmed down!
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Women are genetically predisposed to storing fat on our hips and thighs. Fact of biology. It will be the last place that comes off and the toughest to get rid of. I run and bike to keep butt, hips and thighs as toned as possible and this has helped somewhat with the shape but its all still too large!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yup! Have lost 30 lbs and have not changed pant size. It's because we're pear-shaped. We lose up to before we lose down bottom.
  • rockchalk956
    rockchalk956 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you're more of a pear, or even hourglass, body shape, that's just the way you'll lose it. Your bottom half will catch up, don't worry! :) The same thing is happening to me. After losing 30lbs, I'm finally losing more from my hips and thighs, which is where I carry most of my weight.
  • lydialen
    lydialen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes! It's like that for me too, my arms, face and everything but the hips just want to hold on or something. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this. I guess patience and effort will eventually make them go away.. hopefully.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The same but rather than my hips it's my thighs that are still holding on to fat.
  • lydialen
    lydialen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My thighs weren't losing any fat at first but as time has passed I've noticed them starting to get slightly smaller (: I'm sure it will be the same for you.
  • meliad
    meliad Posts: 71
    Options
    Me too. I thought it was because I am older but I feel saggy. My shoulders look good but my arms are the same. My waist is thin but my lower abdomen has a bit of pudge. Saggy .
  • amsipub
    amsipub Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I deal with the same thing. The last place I see any changes in measurements are in my thighs. It starts easily in my face, then arms, chest, then waist, then hips and finally thighs. But in any case, it's nice to see the change when it happens ... at least there is somewhere on my body that I can see the results of all my efforts :)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yep. I went from being an inflated Baymax (from Big Hero 6) to ET.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Im the opposite, losing everywhere except boobs! Started at a G cup, am an F if I'm lucky. So frustrated. I'm an hourglass shape and Dropped from a size 18 to a 12 so at least I'm still proportional but Id love my boobs to shrink. My band size has gone down as well but not the
    up! I know others would kill for boobs to stay but it's no fun when they are already so big! And trying to find decent 12F bras in NZ is almost impossible