What to eat when SICK??

Lmaass1
Lmaass1 Posts: 33 Member
Hey everyone! I have been sick the past week, and my diet has not been so good. All I've been eating is carbs. White bread, mashed potatoes, soup full of sodium, etc! My stomach is upside down, so I'm scared to eat dairy or vegetables.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to eat semi-healthy when your stomach is upset??? Any help is greatly appreciated :)!!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Hey everyone! I have been sick the past week, and my diet has not been so good. All I've been eating is carbs. White bread, mashed potatoes, soup full of sodium, etc! My stomach is upside down, so I'm scared to eat dairy or vegetables.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to eat semi-healthy when your stomach is upset??? Any help is greatly appreciated :)!!

My suggestion would be to eat whatever your stomach can tolerate and I would disregard your calorie goals until you are feeling better. EDIT: In other words, I'd not worry to much about "eating healthy" and instead just worry about "what wont make me puke".
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Whenever I was ill, the things I most tolerated were soups, bananas and eggs on toast.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    [My suggestion would be to eat whatever your stomach can tolerate and I would disregard your calorie goals until you are feeling better.

^^This! Chances are you aren't eating much anyway if you're sick, so you're probably still staying under calories. Just make sure to keep your fluids up and get plenty of rest.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Ginger ale, soup, and rainbow sherbet! :)

When I am sick I really don't care about healthy eating. I want what makes me feel better while being sick.