Talk about Motivation

Options
I am already in high gear to get into shape and eat healthy but I am even more eager after last night because... a High School friend will be visiting friends in the same town and he wants to get together. We met up with each other a couple of years ago for dinner but I was about 185 lbs - that day was hard enough because he knew me when I was about 125-130 lbs. Now I am about 207. I'm hoping to lose 2 pounds a week which would make it about 14 pounds by the time he comes October 20 - 25 time frame. Losing 2 pounds a week would put me about 193 lbs.

Do you think this is an unrealistic goal or perhaps I could lose more with more exercise? I've been working out 2-3 a week doing different exercises, ie. Step class, Zumba, and the aerobic equipment at the gym. I’m curious to hear what you all think.

Replies

• Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    Just from personal experience 2 lbs a week is a good number for me. If I lose much more than that I'm usually "overdoing" it as in not eating enough and exercising so much I get burned out quickly. And after I've been losing 2 lbs for several weeks I usually taper off to more like 1 to 1.5 lbs a week. Of course everyone is different but I think 2 lbs would be realistic number to shoot for and anything over might not be completely healthy. Of course DON'T give up if there are weeks you don't lose the whole 2 lbs. . .you will still be smaller than you were before you started!!! Good luck & I'm here for you :smile:
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I am already in high gear to get into shape and eat healthy but I am even more eager after last night because... a High School friend will be visiting friends in the same town and he wants to get together. We met up with each other a couple of years ago for dinner but I was about 185 lbs - that day was hard enough because he knew me when I was about 125-130 lbs. Now I am about 207. I'm hoping to lose 2 pounds a week which would make it about 14 pounds by the time he comes October 20 - 25 time frame. Losing 2 pounds a week would put me about 193 lbs.

Do you think this is an unrealistic goal or perhaps I could lose more with more exercise? I've been working out 2-3 a week doing different exercises, ie. Step class, Zumba, and the aerobic equipment at the gym. I’m curious to hear what you all think.

I eat healthy and can't work out because of blood clots and crutches and I loose about 2.5 to 3 lbs so no I don't think that is unrealistic as along as you eat correctly and healthy, stay active and don't cheat.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    stick to it and work hard and you can reach 2# a week goals!

I go on another vacation in October about the same time and that is my goal too, I leave in about 7 weeks and I would like to loose 14 lbs by then...we can do it :wink:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I've been losing 2 lbs a week working out every other day and watching what I eat. You CAN DO THIS!

Good luck

Silver
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think it's a perfect goal, and definitely attainable. I never set my goals any higher than 2 pounds / week just because I know that's a safe loss.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Woot... I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 3.5 pounds since last the 26th!!! I sure hope I can do it!!! Thanks for the replies everyone!!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Yay! Keep it up :) You'll make it :flowerforyou: