Believe it or not...

Options
I started with the Wii Fit. I hadn't been active in a few years and was quite out of shape. I committed to doing 30 minutes of ANYTHING on the Wii Fit every day. It's fun, it got me moving...that was a start. I gradually increased my activity to 30 minutes of cardio and 30 of strength per day. I did this until the EA Active came out, which was about four weeks later. For the next month I did the EA 30 Challenge. I started on the medium setting and let me tell you, it was challenging. I gradually increased my routines by adding daily squats and running, working out for a total of one to two hours daily. Eventually I added a Bowflex (resistance training is far easier on my joints due to broken bones and other injuries). After one week of their six week challenge, I bumped it up to a split body building schedule. I rotate my cardio between a treadmill, recumbent and spin bike. My weight routine usually takes about an hour and I do 30 minutes to an hour of cardio. However, the past two weeks I seem to lack the strength/stamina to do my weight routine due to a nagging sinus infection. Instead I have been riding 1-2 hours on the bikes.

I completely changed my eating habits as well. I stopped eating out, cut out all bread and sugar and added tons of veggies to my diet. I went all organic about a month ago after struggling to break out of a plateau.

My point is if I can do it, so can you. If you're feeling overwhelmed, start slow. Just get your body up and moving. I've lost close to 60 lbs since making this life change and have somehow managed to inspire those around me to get in shape as well. I still have days where I am not motivated to working out. On those days, I play a dvr of Biggest Loser to motivate me. It never seems to fail me. I'm hoping to find a community here of support. I know it certainly helps to have a support system in place when making major life changes and sticking with them. I look forward to sharing my progress and seeing yours as well. TTFN,

J
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!