Happy to be here, wanted to say hi.

Hey everyone, I signed up a few weeks ago and have been watching my nutrition and buying healthier food, taking all the first steps ya know? Finally weighed myself today and wow, to my shock I am 30 pounds over even what I thought I was!! 5'10 and 265 pounds, the fattest, unhealthiest, most unattractive I have ever been in my life.
Things have to change, so here I am taking it one step further and becoming active in what seems like a great and friendly forum. I just can't believe how much I weigh, things have to change, I have to lose 65+ pounds and get to a +-20 BMI.
I feel pretty horrible now that I stepped on that scale that was obviously forged in the darkest fires of hell. I'm prepping for round one of P90X and eating more.
Truth be told I am having a really hard time consuming the MFP recommended calories in so many meals every day. Ever since my time in the Corps 7-8 years ago I have only eaten once or twice a day, I guess my body has just been in a non stop starvation mode. Whatever, I'm going to get it done, I know 60 or so pounds is nothing compared to what some people here are trying to accomplish nevertheless its pretty daunting to me.
I know I must still have plenty of muscle since I am able to knock out 20 or so pushups and 6-8 pull-ups even at 265 pound and not having done either in at least 3-4 years.. I believe my main concern is going to be healthier eating habits and nutrition, I don't see myself having a problem with P90X even in my out of shape condition, heck I even quit smoking 4 months ago, I'm sure that will help too.

Well thats long enough of an introduction so I'll wrap it up. I am looking for friends, other new parents, and possibly a coach/mentor who has kind of been what I have been through. Check out my profile, send me a mail, friend request, whatever. Best of luck to everyone in their journey to health.
God Bless.
Matt.