4 o'clock help

DBranchaud
DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a problem....almost everyday inbetween 4and 6 pm I end up blowing my new good habits. It's been happening off and on all summer.

My mother works late and we absolutely have to wait for her for dinner. Sometime she doesn't end up coming home untill 7:30 or 8!! My father and I are usually soo hungry waiting for her that we eat whatever we can get our hands on. Any suggestions on what to do to keep us from eating everything?

Or even what to eat that will keep us going till dinner but still not blow the cal budget?

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    I have a problem....almost everyday inbetween 4and 6 pm I end up blowing my new good habits. It's been happening off and on all summer.

My mother works late and we absolutely have to wait for her for dinner. Sometime she doesn't end up coming home untill 7:30 or 8!! My father and I are usually soo hungry waiting for her that we eat whatever we can get our hands on. Any suggestions on what to do to keep us from eating everything?

Or even what to eat that will keep us going till dinner but still not blow the cal budget?
    veggies with hummus (YUM)/special k crackers with reduced fat cheese/fruit with lowfat or non fat cottage cheese/ celery with reduced fat peanut butter /nuts ... these are a few snacks that i use between meals ... GOOD LUCK
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Everything megan38 said... All great suggestions :happy:

Plus I'll add : a banana with peanut butter and a big glass of water. Then, brush your teeth :bigsmile:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    I agree with megan on the veggies and hummus. Also, if you're not already doing this, try eating 5 or 6 small mini meals throughout the day instead of just 3 big ones.

Not only does it satisfy you're hunger, but it boosts your metabolism which will ultimately lead to losing weight! :drinker:
  • yogurt is a good option...I love veggies and hummus too! It's a great snack and packs good protein! Find something low-cal that you like to snack on, make dinner before your mom gets home so it'll be ready when she gets home (maybe?), drink additional water (that fends off the hunger monster) or eat small meals throughout the day. I hope that helps!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    I like to eat fage greek yogut 0% fat. It's a bit strong so its always good to eat it with some fruit, honey or almonds... but it's very filling so a little goes a long long way.
  • How about an apple with peanut butter or an orange/peach/cantaloupe/other fruit with some light string cheese?
This discussion has been closed.