What Did you Do in 9 Months?

Options
thrld
thrld Posts: 610 Member
For many, weight loss can be kind of a rebirth.

So, where were you 9 months ago from today? Where will you be in 9 months from today? And if you've been here for a while, what was your loss at 9months into your journey?

Replies

• emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    9 months ago I wasn't thinking about how unhealthy I had become. 9 months ago I worked nights and slept 10 to 12 hours a day. 9 months ago I weighed at least 40 pounds more than I do now. I also never thought I would like running, swiming, or workout classes. 7 months ago we signed Little Miss up for swim lessons and thought "we might as well try to get healthy and use the facility we pay for" Now I am signing up to run my first 5k the first weekend in August. If you would have told me that 9 months ago, I probably would have given you a dirty look and told you "I don't run-ever!" 9 months from now I plan on being at my goal weight. I also plan on training for a 10k or half marathon. What a difference 9 months makes!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow. Way to go!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    9 months ago I started (and stopped) going to Weight Watchers meetings. I'm too busy, I said. I couldn't make it to meetings at night (two kids in early elementary school & working full time for the first time in 5 years gave me quite a culture shock in terms of the sanctity of spare time). I lost about 3-4 pounds and by Thanksgiving I just couldn't squeeze the evenings into my schedule. And tracking points? No time for that.

In between came Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. No time to do anything but eat in that holiday trifecta! January brought a computer conversion at my husband's job, which meant he worked until 8:00 most nights and I was home with the kids alone after work, to do dinner, dishes and homework. And try to squeeze something fun in. Needless to say, we had takeout at least once a week and had dinner out pretty much every friday and saturday. I gained 5-8 pounds in those winter months alone from all the craziness. We were feeling crappy. We were exhausted. Our jobs were stressing us out. Our dog (our first baby) was in the final stages of a terminal illness. I cried all the time out of sheer exhaustion, frustration, stress and sadness.

Then I saw the infomercial for P90X and realized we needed to get out of our rut before we stayed these people we had become forever. Then I decided there was no way we were ready for that kind of intensity. So I ordered Power 90 and we started on May 28th. We started eating as clean as possible after that. The most we do for restaurants out is the occasional veggie pizza or subway. I eat a lot more protein. I take supplements in the morning. The jobs are still stressful, we're still mourning the loss of our companion, and we're still exhausted pretty much 24/7. But! We completed the first 30 days yesterday, with results. We're turning our ship around, and finally have something positive to balance out all the negative. I envision us 9 months from now being healthy and in shape and better able to deal with the stress of every day life and have more energy to have fun with our girls. I think I envision a wiggly puppy too.:wink:
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Nine months ago I was constantly complaining about needing to lose weight, but at the same time continuing to eat huge amounts of things not so healthy and doing no exercise. I even hated walking far from my car to the stores. Right before the new year, I took a long look at myself and didn't like what I saw. So I came up with a plan, did some research, found this site and started my journey on January 2. So far, I've lost 50 lbs! I'm so excited and happy. I love eating healthier foods and have been trying new things. I've found a new love for foods I used to not like. I work out 5-6 days a week. There are days that I can't wait to go work out. I feel so much better than I did 9 months ago. I'm anxious to see what the next 9 months will hold.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    9 months ago I was half way into my fitness and weight loss journey. I had reach my 100 pounds lost milestone. The 9 months since losing 100 I am now at 113 lost, getting more toned, I can run a 5k and easily keep up with my kids. In the last 9 months I learned that embracing this lifestyle and losing weight has literally saved my life by avoiding a heart attack that was on the way.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    9 months ago, I hit the 30 lbs. lost mark. Since then, I've lost at least another 23 lbs. The first 30 lbs. I lost in about 6 months.

In another 9 months, I hope to be down about 20 to 25 lbs! I hope to be regularly running 10K distances. And I hope to be faster LOL. And I hope to have dropped another 2 sizes.
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nine months ago, I was tailgating at my university's games while chugging beers and eating late-night pizzas. I had gained weight the summer before, but I was now just finally starting to realize how big I had gotten. I was living an unhealthy and unhappy life. It's taken me a couple months after that to start doing something, but now I am on track and want to look skinny and healthy for the next football season. I am now doing P90X and running 3 times a week. It's now MY time to focus on bettering myself!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I weighed about 183lbs at the beginning of September last year (joined MFP on 28thAug2011- I remember the exact date as it's the same day I joined the gym). I've managed to lose 41lbs so far and "only" have 13lbs to go! ;D
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This was a little over nine months, but at nine months I had lost around 30 pounds.

199lbs.
    5-4-111.jpg

165lbs.
    DSCF8513-1.jpg
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Nine months ago I was recovering from a serious leg break. I spent the three months either sitting or lying down because I was not allowed to put weight on my leg for three months. I started four months of physical therapy. I gave up junk food because knew if I didn't I would add twenty pounds onto the sixty I needed to lose. In November I got clearance to go to the gym and I also joined MFP. I have worked my way back into shape by going to the gym and completing my first round of P90X. Also I have lost 44 pounds. This is a lifestyle change. I like the feeling of being fit and having more energy than I do eating poorly. I have twenty more to go and then I will be in maintenance for life. Breaking my leg was the best thing that has happened to me in the past ten years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!