Heart rate

Hello all. I am on my 3rd week of Turbo Fire and have a question about heart rate. I bought a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor and set my training zone according to my age (27 yr old female). It shows my target heart rate zone is between 120 something and 164.
I am constantly hearing the alarm beep telling me my heart rate is up to 185-187. I thought max heart rate was 220 - age, which for me would be 193? When I try to keep it under 164 I am barely breaking a sweat.

Should I be concerned? My resting heart rate is 60 bpm.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Hello all. I am on my 3rd week of Turbo Fire and have a question about heart rate. I bought a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor and set my training zone according to my age (27 yr old female). It shows my target heart rate zone is between 120 something and 164.
    I am constantly hearing the alarm beep telling me my heart rate is up to 185-187. I thought max heart rate was 220 - age, which for me would be 193? When I try to keep it under 164 I am barely breaking a sweat.

Should I be concerned? My resting heart rate is 60 bpm.

Thanks everyone!

I had a similar experience when I first started using my heart rate monitor. My heart rate is naturally very fast and women tend to have smaller hearts that beat faster. I couldn't break a sweat while in the zone. If you have questions, ask your doctor.