Looking for MFP friends who eat clean

Options
haylesmom
haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
Anyone else on here follow clean eating (things that came from a mother or the garden)? I've been reading up on Tosca Reno's books and find it really frustrating when I read some of the people's posts and comments in regards to what they consider healthy, like just because they stay within their calorie goal it's okay to have processed crap food.
You comedians out there need not respond, thanks in advance

Replies

• haylesmom
    haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • sassybellex
    Options
    well i would see myself as eating pretty clean and still be able to eat within my daily limit of calories.
    i like my veggies and meat.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Eating as cleanly as possible is at the top of my goal list - but I'll freely admit that it's tough to do. If you'd like to connect and offer suggestions for improvement, I'm up for it. In return, I'll encourage you to keep doing well! :)
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I don't follow his book but I do mostly eat clean. A few store bought treats now and then. If you aren't religiously strict then go ahead and add me, lol. I am more about being able to do this for the rest of my life so I am pretty flexible. My diary is open so feel free to peruse but go back to last week, I had surgery on Monday and my diet is totally messed up right now.
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    I have been slowly working my way towards clean eating, and am switching my family over slowly as well. Its working for me - and I feel much better. I do still have times where a quick protein bar is eaten - its hard when you have to spend hours sitting in the hospital next to your sick child, to eat clean, but those times are when the protein bars come in handy!

Aside from that, it is one of my goals by the end of summer - to eat clean, and have my family at about 75% clean (I have kids, so although they are mostly on board, they also want cereals and french fries sometimes).
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    I eat clean! Feel free to send me a friend request, or you can look at my diary, it's open! :)
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm new on MFP but have been eating clean for the most part since January. Starting July 1st I'll be following Jamie Eason's LiveFit program and will be eating clean all the time except for one cheat meal a week or every other week. Would love to follow other clean eaters!
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I bought the Ashy Bines Clean Eating diet about 2 months ago & started off eating clean but I am now back onto diet cola as I have a bit of an addiction!!! My endo' (I have impaired insulin) recommended MFP because I really needed some extra support/motivation to lose weight & now I'm finding that calorie counting is right up my alley!! I am sticking with mostly clean food, although much less meat & greek yoghurt than I'd been having due to their caloric density - it's been an excellent reality check for me to use MFP because I honestly didn't realise how much I was actually eating, albeit clean foods!! I have heaps of clean recipes I can give you if you want them. Take care, Leanne
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    The ideal for me is lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    If man makes it, don't eat it.
    And I stick to that 90% of the time with a "free day" tossed in.
    My diary is open.
    Feel free to ADD if I make the cut:smokin:
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    The ideal for me is lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Same here but its so hard sticking to this for me!
    I just started clean eating just to help me with weight loss and see improvments on my body.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm a clean eater, try to avoid anything that comes in a package. I also buy and eat organic or local whenever possible. My diary is open. I would love more friends who do the same. Feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

I am just starting the clean eating. I am waiting for my Tosca Reno book but have read a lot online and generally cook from scratch anyway. Looking for friends to so if anyone wants to add me please feel free :flowerforyou:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Same here but its so hard sticking to this for me!
    I just started clean eating just to help me with weight loss and see improvments on my body.
    We are all a work in progress. A huge change I welcome with open arms is that what I crave is changing. Less junk!:bigsmile:
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have Celiac Disease, so I cannot have gluten. When I gave up gluten, I realized that gluten free substitute (aka processed) foods made me just as sick. So now I pretty much eat meat, veggies, and fruit.... So I would consider that pretty clean.

I will friend request you!
  • jenfitz
    jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    not sure what "clean" is exactly- but I've been 100% organic, nitrate free, and minimally processed for awhile now. Only just started MFP with an eye toward losing 65 lbs (which goes to show- eating too much "good" stuff can still make you fat). MY one caveat- I usually have coffee with creamer and a luna bar in the AM. Well, today I'm trying tea and truvia instead of coffee, and will tackle the luna bar down the road- baby steps! Feel free to add me! ALSO- although I'm eating organic foods, for my diary, I often just choose a similar brand because the MFP drop down menu doesn't have my stuff ( one day I'll remember to scan it all before I sit down to do my log)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and check out my food diary. I strive to eat clean but I do still eat and enjoy things like yogurt, white rice, and sparingly, white bread. I eat lots of fruit and veggies every day and lean meats like fish and poultry.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Anyone else on here follow clean eating (things that came from a mother or the garden)? I've been reading up on Tosca Reno's books and find it really frustrating when I read some of the people's posts and comments in regards to what they consider healthy, like just because they stay within their calorie goal it's okay to have processed crap food.
    You comedians out there need not respond, thanks in advance

Yes, I do. You can take a look at my food diary.
  • nsalerno90
    nsalerno90 Posts: 68
    Options
    I do -- and would love to have more friends who do. I even found coffee creamer that is all natural - my biggest vice. I am proud to say that I have two clean eating teens too. I have the Tosca Reno books and buy the magazine from time to time. It isn't that hard - and makes food shopping really simple.
  • MrsMangler
    MrsMangler Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Eating as cleanly as possible is at the top of my goal list - but I'll freely admit that it's tough to do. If you'd like to connect and offer suggestions for improvement, I'm up for it. In return, I'll encourage you to keep doing well! :)

I second this! I have a long way to go to eat "clean" but I like the idea. One of the features I love about MFP is sharing a diary.
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I actually have never heard of Tosca Reno's book so I am not sure if I fall into the "clean" eating category. I will need to check it out. About 10 years ago I started the slow process of giving up process foods. In 2005 I was diagnose with stage 1 colon cancer so after my surgery my doctors recommended that I eat less red meat and limit process meats to occasionally. I decided to eliminate both from my diet and stick to poultry and fish. Currently, I am trying to make one day of the week a meatless day. So, far I am on my third week in a row. I try to buy organic and on a weekly basis visit on of many farmers markets within a 20 mile radius from my home. I would have to admit that I have not completely eliminated process foods but I keep it a minimal. Feel free to add me.