just curious

Options
Hey fellow MFPers!
I understand that unless you eat an extra huge amount of calories in one day, you will not gain a pound. I am an every morning weigher, and after this past weekend, I gained 1.5 pounds. I think I went over my calories on Sunday only by about 400. I know about water weight, but is there anything else that can contribute to this? Every time it happens I freak out and have to remind myself that I didn't do a crazy food binge.
Thanks guys!

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    No need to freak out sodium, fiber, allergies, no or little movement etc can make you gain weight.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I gained 1.5 last week too but then it came off in two more days... hang in there hun!!!
  • eulila
    eulila Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ivykivy is right! My weight fluctuates daily for different reasons. I only worry when it goes up and stays up.

Good luck!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi There,
    I would not worry. I have been doing an experment (so to speak) I weigh myself once a week (that one I count) but a am keep a scale my the enterance to my kitchen and I step on it every time I walk in the kitchen. The scale can change very quickly Up 2 lbs down 1, Up 1 down 2. It can do all of that in an hours time too. Dont be a slave to your scale pick a day same time and were the same light weight cloths and weigh in. It will come of trust me