really hard diet restrictions

Options
ajodeb
ajodeb Posts: 19 Member
Hi, i am a vegan, and also deathly allergic to dairy, eggs, nuts and sesame. I'm having a really hard time finding food and losing weight. help!

Replies

• thepaperartist
    thepaperartist Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally understand I am diabetic and have kidney issues so I am also vegan. I eat lentils that I cook in vegetable broth and they are yummy add some garlic and it works out. Glad I like beans as they are good source of protein but lentila are the best in protein and low carbs. Would love to be your friend!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Are you allergic to soy or wheat? Being Vegan I wouldn't think the dairy or eggs would e difficult to pass up. There are these tofu Shirataki noodles that are pretty good if you prepare them properly. Whole foods are your friend. Fresh fruits and veggies, soy milk and cheese. Rice noodles found in the Asian isle of the store and tofu.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out Eat to Live, and/or their website. The book is vegan so you'll get some great meat and dairy free recipes. Some of them do contain nuts so you'll have to omit those. Whole grains, legumes, and fruits and veggies seem like the way to go for you, you're already cutting out all the high fat foods with your restrictions!