Left over calories - should i eat them?

Options
So -- I have 614 Calories Remaining but I am not really hungry. I also haven't been losing as quickly as I would like. Should I just go to sleep or find some healthy calories to get rid of the remainders?

Replies

• Middnightt4
    Middnightt4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I asked myself this question also. I think that if you haven't been losing weight with the method of eating you are doing, you might want to change it up a bit by eating smaller portions and doing 2-3 snacks a day total in between your meals. For the past 2 days, I've had more than 300 calories left, but I'm already down weight.
  • viomusic
    viomusic Posts: 1
    Options
    I would only use the left over calories if your are REALLY hungry....
  • ohthatzhott
    ohthatzhott Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry don't feel pressured to eat. But if you ARE hungry don't hesitate to nurture your body. You can always eat healthy late night snacks like popcorn or nuts in small portions. As long as you're not denying your body food (thus risking it going into starvation mode and GAINING weight) you're okay. Also, losing weight takes time depending on your food consumption, activity level/variety, and current weight. If you aren't that overweight to begin with you will have to work harder and longer to see the results someone significantly heavier than you would see within two weeks.

I hope that helps, don't give up! :-)
  • lyndabw
    lyndabw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    EAT......... If you don't you can go into starvation mode and gain weight, it happened to me and I learned my lesson. I had to reset my metabolism then I started to loose.

I did not eat more than 600 cals a day. ... Then.....
    I gained 60 pounds in 3 months after I started to eat again
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    I never do. I only eat what my body wants. If you have cravings, drink tea (without any sweeteners). That's stifle the cravings, hopefully.

I ate 1200 calories (and less) a day, when I first dropped 60# almost 20 years ago, and have not put any of it back on. It's all maintenance after you drop the initial weight. That could almost be considered the easy part.
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Leftover calories should just be called 'slammable calories'