Pizza (or, Things I'll Never Give Up)

Options
cbevan1229
cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
I eat it.. 2 slices, plain cheese, once a week. From a pizzeria, not a chain. It's not something I'm ever going to give up.

I've read posts that indicate that some MFP members will berate others for eating pizza (although I haven't seen it first hand.)

But we're trying to build lifestyles that we can maintain long term, right? I'm a Jersey Girl, for crying out loud. Life without pizza is cruel and unusual punishment, in my estimation.

What food will you never, ever give up?

Replies

• vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hot Pizza. Amen.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Give up?
    Why? I am not giving up ANYTHING.
    Seriously, if you want to deprive yourself of fabulous eating, go for it.
    Not me - ever.
    Life is to be lived:drinker:
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    RUM

and pizza

and laffy taffy
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    love pizza and i will not give up beer.. its just to good.. nice and cold and tasty and yummy.. darn it i want a beer now.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer. I could switch to an entirely clean vegetarian existance if it allowed for french vanilla coffee creamer.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Give up?
    Not me - ever.

^^^ THIS!
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    Pizza, ice cream, cheeseburgers, pasta, the list goes on and on. :) I just treat myself one or two days a week with one of these things, not all, and I have lost a total of 86 lbs doing this. I refuse to "give up" anything. :)
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    pizza IS delicious but i recently started making my own from scratch and much prefer it to any kind of store bought/restaurant pizza and i justify it because its whole wheat dough with healthy toppings. mmmm. pizzaaaaa. also, cant give up cheese. i've cut down considerably but i'll never cut it out even though i know i should (trying to watch sodium)
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Cheese in all its glorious forms.
  • grammacarol1943
    grammacarol1943 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I love pizza
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Give up?
    Not me - ever.

^^^ THIS!

^^^ me too! giving up NOTHING (just have to starve myself for a day before eating my banana split) :grumble: :grumble:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything, cause the second I do that is what I will start craving. :happy:
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I think its just every thing in moderation. of course, no one should have to give up pizza forever. That's just crazy talk. lol. i love my pizza. and there is so much other junk food that i'm addicted too, and i would never give up no matter what. for me tho, its just all about moderation, and fitting in what i want to eat, into my daily calorie goal. eat your pizza. don't feel guilty.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    -Wine
    -Any kinda pasta alfredo
    -chinese food
    -chocolate chip cookies
    -ice cream
    -cappucinos

I'll never give these up. I try to limit myself to this kind of gluttony to one day a week within maintenance calories. But I absolutely refus to go another 50-60 years without another glass of pinot grigio or crab rangoon ever again. Uh Uh no way
  • JaneFinnigan
    JaneFinnigan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat it.. 2 slices, plain cheese, once a week. From a pizzeria, not a chain. It's not something I'm ever going to give up.

Exactly! I do the same, from restaurants that only use high-quality fresh ingredients. Will always love pizza - just keeping my portions in check now.
  • SaunJay1
    SaunJay1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything except regular soda, but now I just try practice more moderation. My weekly things turned into bi-weekly things, and I'm not missing them. In my mind, the taste of good food only lasts a few minutes, but my improving health and money savings last a lot longer....
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa at the Mexican rest. and ice cream.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    RUM

and pizza

and laffy taffy

Yes please and thank you. This is my dinner tomorrow night.
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    POP-TARTS. I love pop-tarts. If I have room for it in my daily goal, I have one. :)
    I don't deprive myself; I'm worried I will be unhappy and quit altogether.
    More food I love: pasta, cheese, Mexican food, ice cream, candy, pizza definitely, so many other things.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to give anything up. I have changed my eating habits since joining MFP and have found the willpower to resist some foods on a regular basis or to eat only a portion of the item but I know myself. If I try to deny it, I begin to crave it (very susceptible to suggestion to - reading these blogs make me hungry-LOL) and then I binge.

So better to focus on eating healthier whenever possible and acknowledge that treats still have their place in my diet - balance against exercise calories and still (hopefully) lose weight by the next weigh-in.

I agree, life is to be lived.