dumb question?

Options
Am I supposed to eat up to all the calories it gives me per day, cause I was way below what it said I could have?

like it gave me 1469 calories per day and I have 709 calories remaining. 128 carbs and 19 fat remaining also.

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Am I supposed to eat up to all the calories it gives me per day, cause I was way below what it said I could have?

like it gave me 1469 calories per day and I have 709 calories remaining. 128 carbs and 19 fat remaining also.

While quantification can be helpful, none of these numbers are exact. Especially if you are just starting, I would not jump to any conclusions.

The first place to start is to make sure you are accurately logging all of your food intake. That means weighing portions, checking labels, including all condiments, snacks, etc. It also means breaking down all components of a dish not listed, etc, etc.

If you are still way below the recommended amount, you can try increasing quantities. At 860 calories, I can't imagine you wouldn't notice pretty quickly that you weren't eating much food.
  • hunibuni
    Options
    well my husband tell me that he don't understand why I can't lose it cause I don't really eat alot..and he's not being mean, he is my biggest supporter
  • titadks
    Options
    Make sure you are eating the least amount, for me it's 1200 calories a day. I get more if I exercise but dont "have" to consume it. If you dont eat the min calories your metabolism could slow down..
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    well my husband tell me that he don't understand why I can't lose it cause I don't really eat alot..and he's not being mean, he is my biggest supporter

hey girly, I just started this thing myself and I know what you're talking about. It can be a little ricky. My advice is to just eat as healthy as possible, record what you eat, and exercise ALOT. Cardio is a big plus. Swimming is very good. Some of us women just have different metabolisms than others. On labels it should tell you how much something weight ex: ounces. So when recording just do your best at calculating. Hope that helps you some hon. Whatever you do just don't give up!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    You should be aiming pretty close to your daily allowance. Mine is at 1200, and I try to aim for 1200 plus or minus 150 calories. It seems to be working pretty well. It is possible you haven't been eating enough food which can cause your body to go into starvation mode and its like pulling teeth to lose weight.

Try upping your intake slowly since you aren't used to eating so much. Aim for 1200-1400 and stick in that range as much as possible for a couple weeks and see if that will help you start getting rid of those pounds.

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

I know many people like that- several of my sisters are the same way. They eat SO little, work hard physical jobs every day, and don't lose a pound. It proves the fact that you HAVE to eat to lose weight.
  • hunibuni
    Options
    Well I guess I will try to eat a little more, healthy of course, I know one of my problems is I don't eat alot of green, not particularly fond of salad, but we can't have broccoli every night either, and I don't like steamed veggies, I know thats best for you, but just can't do it. that's my main problem is that I am very very picky

Just makes me very frustrated, I have been going to the gym for a year now (go 3 to 5 times a week)and have lost about 13 to 15 lbs, my husband who has been going for about 2 months told me last night he's already lost 13 lbs, and I know he eats way more than I do. and I know it's melts off men faster, but ugh I want this gone
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Eat more!

Keep track of exactly how much more (1200 is a good minimum to shoot for)
    Make it healthy calories (not empty sweets or processed junk)
    Give it a couple of weeks to kick in
    Eat at least part of your exercise calories
    Get enough high quality protein (eggs, chicken, dairy, nuts)

And did I mention eat more? :flowerforyou: