Do you really lose it in your face first?

Options
I sure hope so - having one chin would be so much nicer! New photo ID's for work in September - I'd like to have one I don't have to turn over to the blank side when I walk around the building! LOL

Replies

• Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I guess so as my mom, who is usually pretty small on compliments, told me that she can really tell I have lost in my face. I see me in the mirror every day, of course, so I didn't notice it so much.
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    everybody is different.. I don't notice much change in my face (15 lbs lost) .. I've lost all over my body pretty evenly. some people will lose in the face first, some might lose in the face last.. guess you'll never know til you've done it ;)
  • ndev777
    ndev777 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I sure hope so - having one chin would be so much nicer! New photo ID's for work in September - I'd like to have one I don't have to turn over to the blank side when I walk around the building! LOL

I can't speak for everyone, that was the case for me... However in saying that, I never stopped to do specific measurements... You know, the waist, arms, legs etc... So maybe its an all over loss, but we first notice the face because its always in plain view... You brush your hair and teeth.. You generally look at your face and not focus on the size of your arms or other parts as much..

So do yourself a motivational favor, measure yourself everywhere... When the pounds come off, you'll be inspired by your own progress.

The last thing to go is the gut/belly... Grrr, so much effort must be put in if you want a flat stomach :)

Anyway, congrats on your 5lbs loss.. Keep going, your doing great!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Face, throat/neck, and collar bone were my firsts. :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    MY FACE
    432360_353410994699711_1064828290_n.jpg
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I did. Unfortunately, I still have to suck in my chin when I have my picture taken so I don't feel fat. But my face was the first thing people noticed.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    We usually lose the weight first in the places that we gained it last. So for me it was in my face. I am still waiting for my hips and tights to follow thru...:ohwell:
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I dont feel like I have, I lost my "girls" first :(
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If you think about it, your body doesn't need a whole lot of fat in the facial area, so it's more willing to give it up first. On the other hand, belly fat is protecting vital organs, and what sensible being wants to give up free padding that easily?
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    This
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    face last for me
  • Alamaug
    Alamaug Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    that makes sense. i always lose face first.
  • SlidingDown
    SlidingDown Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We usually lose the weight first in the places that we gained it last.

I second this. It seems everyone has a part of their body that is quick to add / subtract weight (and another part that is more resistant!). It's the face that reacts fastest for a lot of people - and also maybe because you carry less fat on your face than most other parts of you, proportionately it is more apparent quickly.

As a classic pear shape, I've always found while I'm working to reduce my lower half, my bust disappears lol. Then if I'm not careful it's "oh, you've lost too much weight, your face looks really thin" because I don't carry much in my face to start with and have prominent cheekbones, so if I lose, that's the second fastest place to show it.
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    my back fat was the first to start really going away! then my stomach! then my arms! not much change in the face for me yet!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I did. After the first week of my Medifast plan, I had so many people at work tell me that my face got skinnier around my jawline, and my neck.

And if my coworkers notice it, especially the ones I see 50-60 hours a week, I KNOW I'm making some progress! :)
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yes :(

I've lost almost 50lbs and that is the first thing everyone says to me

ugggg
  • rcallbeck
    rcallbeck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's where I tended to lose first..
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options

Same
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • elizaperez07
    Options
    No, I still have my cheeks LOL