NEVER THIRSTY?!

i am literally never thirsty. i can go through my whole workout and meals without so much as a sip of water. All i DO drink is water but i am just never thirsty. I am addicted to gum (took that up when i quit smoking 4yrs ago) so to get in my water i tell myself i have to drink X amount of water before i can have a piece of gum...

Anyone else never thirsty or have any idea why this is occuring? Just curious on peoples thoughts. ( i am going to the doctors in two weeks so i will ask her when im there)

Replies

• HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    I never am as well and literally went YEARS living off of only diet soda. when i gave up caffeine and artificial sweeteners, I started only drinking water or tea. I had this one day where I guzzled like a HUGE water bottle and i felt SO GOOD! I was dehydrated for so long that I didn't realize how much it affects your mood, energy, and overall well-being. So now I just keep filling up a huge water bottle everyday and make myself drink it. I find that If i use a straw and just sip it all the time (or chug portions of it) then it's easier and not so much of a nuisance. I think drinking water is really important for not overeating, as well, because when I binge It's days when I hardly drank any water.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    i dont drink anything BUT water but because im never thirsty i have to chug it down quickly otherwise i wont drink it
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Same here! I'm going to guess that we're not thirsty BECAUSE we're always hydrated, since thirst is actually an indicator that you are already dehydrated. Just keep chuggin'!!