What is wrong with me

tammietifanie
tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Blah all day i couldn't stop eating... I never eat breakfast before 8am but today i had to drive my boyfriend to work which is 40 minutes away so we stopped at mcdonalds and got breakfast this is at 4:30am and by the time i got home at 7:45 am it seemed like no matter what i ate it wasn't enough so all day i've been craving junk food and im talking like 6 slices of pizza, carne fries, bbq chicken..okay i don't want to list everything (so embarrassed) :grumble: :blushing: i went way way way over everything on my food log and i have no clue what triggered me to eat like this.. Does anyone else have days where they just want to shove everything they see into their mouths ????
Tomorrow is a new day but now im sitting here wondering what is wrong with me and why couldn't i control my hunger today...

Replies

• don't worry...you hit on the important part; tomorrow is a new day!
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    It's probably the junk food breakfast that triggered it. Have you ever seen "Supersize Me?" It's on instant play on Netflix or on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Tv_mihMBA).
  • trifitness
    trifitness Posts: 17 Member
    I find that if i eat junk food, no matter what time of day, that is all my body wants. are you getting enough fat in your diet? the good fat. not fried fats. hormones and moods effect mine. just start tomorrow clean and what you normally would do. dont beat yourself up. it happens.:happy:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Oh good lord yes. As long as you have more good days than bad and have a calorie deficit at the end of the week, you're still losing. :smile: I have days where I'm way, way, way over (some days 1000+ calories over). Most days I'm over by a few, and very occasionally I actually meet my calorie goal or am a little under. The weight still comes off...slowly, but surely.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Yes, we all have days like that! The foods you were eating were high glycemic so they keep making you hungrier. Try eating protein the next time you get into one of these moods...cheese, nuts to curb your appetite. :flowerforyou:
  • Oh god! Thank god someone has the same problem I do. I feel like it is a constant all day battle sometimes and it is so frustrating. You'll be fine...and nothing is wrong with you. When you make big changes to your lifestyle you are gonna have goof ups. Just start over tomorrow!! Keep me posted.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Yes, we all have days like that! The foods you were eating were high glycemic so they keep making you hungrier. Try eating protein the next time you get into one of these moods...cheese, nuts to curb your appetite. :flowerforyou:

I Agree Totally! Just happened to me the other day - I couldnt get me "fill". It's so true. Its like being an alcoholic I swear. :tongue:
  • If you have to eat breakfast at McDonald's, get the Egg McMuffin. It isn't really all that bad for you, especially when compared to the other menu items.

The other thing I have done, when I get the uncontrollable munchies, is just make sure I have lots of healthy things to munch on. Gorging on 3 or 4 apples will still take care of the munchies, and fill you up, but it is less than 350 calories. If you have food around that you shouldn't be eating, you will eventually eat it. If you don't buy it, you don't have it around to munch!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    So what I truely feel is that bad food is as much mental as it is physical. It's our body being lazy, and our mind wanting to use food as a displacement mechanism for something else. What helped me when I first started was, when I thought about eating badly I sat down and thought about what I was feeling and thinking when I wanted that food, even keeping a journal that you write in when ever you get food cravings can help. You can do that for a few weeks, go back and read all of the thoughts. Sometimes this helps us to figure out what is driving the urges. Very rarely does this kind of eating have no underlying cause, usually something is triggering it. Find it, and you've won half the battle with food. Solve it, and the other half is gone! :happy:

Also, if you sit down and analyze it, it usually dissipates the desire.
  • Blah all day i couldn't stop eating... I never eat breakfast before 8am but today i had to drive my boyfriend to work which is 40 minutes away so we stopped at mcdonalds and got breakfast this is at 4:30am and by the time i got home at 7:45 am it seemed like no matter what i ate it wasn't enough so all day i've been craving junk food and im talking like 6 slices of pizza, carne fries, bbq chicken..okay i don't want to list everything (so embarrassed) :grumble: :blushing: i went way way way over everything on my food log and i have no clue what triggered me to eat like this.. Does anyone else have days where they just want to shove everything they see into their mouths ????
    Tomorrow is a new day but now im sitting here wondering what is wrong with me and why couldn't i control my hunger today...

Whenever i get like this i will get myself busy doing something. Read a book, work in the yards, workout, talk to a freind, clean the house....even if i have to MAKE myself do it. Once i get my mind off of eating junk...the craving usually goes away. Next time you eat something that you know your not suppose too, stop at that one thing, then do some kind of activitiy...you will find that it helps stop the downward spiral.

yesterday i was suppose to eat two peices of dark chocolate after supper...i ended up with about 7pcs and i wanted MORE. I know my history when i start going over my cals its the start of a binge...so I started cleaning the house. IT WORKED:bigsmile: the craving went away, the urge to binge went away.
This discussion has been closed.