May not seem like a big success.

Options
Today I got really really depressed and all of a sudden I felt like eating any and everything that couldn't defend itself. I drove by fast food place and I would pull in there parking lots and count change trying to figure out how much I could get. which came out to about three double cheeseburgers and some fries. I had every intention of getting this food but when I got out the car I saw how my pants were loose. I was a size 15 and my size 11 pants were loose. I got right back in the car and drove home .... you know what... Depression got it's butt whooped....

Not a big success but I still feel pretty good about it.

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    IMO, it is a huge success! It shows just how far you have come and how you are going to succeed. Congratulations on your willpower and your loose pants. :smile:
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    thanx:smile:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That seems like a HUGE success to me. To already have parked the car and gotten out......then you got back in the car without the Cheeseburgers? Depression is probably trying to figure out who you are and where the Old You went. Way to kick some serious butt!!!!

Keep up the good work :heart:
  • yadiraj82
    Options
    I know what you mean.. once you see yourself change and your clothes fitting loose.... you dont want to go back.. !!! congrats thats a HUGE step forward :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Today I got really really depressed and all of a sudden I felt like eating any and everything that couldn't defend itself. I drove by fast food place and I would pull in there parking lots and count change trying to figure out how much I could get. which came out to about three double cheeseburgers and some fries. I had every intention of getting this food but when I got out the car I saw how my pants were loose. I was a size 15 and my size 11 pants were loose. I got right back in the car and drove home .... you know what... Depression got it's butt whooped....

It IS a big success! Congratulations! Well done! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile:
  • Sarah_LM
    Options
    thats fantastic! I have problems with depression and when I felt low I really want to comfort eat. To overcome those feelings is a major success!
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Options
    thanx... your comments mean alot
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You Won. That is a big success.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

That's a huge victory - way to go!!!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I can TOTALLY relate to this story. :laugh:

They put an Au Bon Pain in the corner of the cafeteria in the hospital I work in, and today I went up there specifically for an oatmeal raisin cookie, but when I cruised around the shop and saw the actual size of the cookie, I bolted out of there like a bat out of hey!

Instead, for about the same price, I got a 3oz package of mixed nuts from the gift shop - the point being that the cookie will last me all of 5 minutes, but I can make the nuts last 7 days!

Good for you for squashing that urge~! It's real PROGRESS!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Good for you. I know that feeling of being depressed and wanting to eat anything that's not tied down. The next time I feel like that I will think of you and hopefully it will help. Keep up the great work.
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think this took a LOT of will power! I can't believe you were there with money in hand and out of your car, and then had the strength to turn around and get back in the car! :happy:

I am so impressed and inspired. I will remember this when I feel tempted!! :flowerforyou:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yup, i love double cheesburgers and i really love Mcdonalds French Fries! I cant even drive by one without my mouth watering, let alone try to drive up and drive away! Good for you! I hope one day I ccan let go of Mcdonalds cravings all together!
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Options
    thanx
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Kickin' the Double Cheeseburger's *kitten*!
    Keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!