The Hunger Games trilogy

Options
CassieReannan
CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
I just finished Mockingjay, this is one of the best book series I have read! I love love lovedddd the ending.. :smooched:

Who else has read the trilogy and loved it!? I can't wait for the second movie :smile:

Who liked the movie compared to the first book?

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i haven't seen the movie yet.
    i loved the first book.
    second 2 weren't as good.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    i haven't seen the movie yet.
    i loved the first book.
    second 2 weren't as good.

I saw the movie first before reading the series and I wish I hadn't. The book was much better. I agree I feel the 2nd book really was a bit of waffle put between key points in the plot. I really liked the last book though because it just summed everything up and it had a few big plot twists.
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    The first book was my favorite that is for sure. the Second and third was not ask good. Good series though.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The first book was intriguing & suspensful, had a lot of wit & charm & great character depictions. The second book was so that a "trilogy" could exist. The third book in my opinion was very good, although not as emotive(to be expected) as the first book. Overall I thought they were well written & a very fluid & enjoyable read :)

I haven't seen the film, but few films live upto the power of the written word + your mind.

Russ
  • meanemma86
    meanemma86 Posts: 68
    Options
    oh i loved all 3 books and loved the movie as well :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i was sad there was only 3 books.

i can't wait til my kids are older and they can read it.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    i was sad there was only 3 books.

i can't wait til my kids are older and they can read it.

Yep, that and Harry Potter :)
    Although when I have kids there will probably be some other type of book out.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I liked them but was a little disappointed by how much the love story stuff became the main part of the story :grumble: I know it is kinda a teeny bopper book and all but they were really reaching for stuff to keep having excuses to make it a big issue. They were good and pretty well written though, the movie was good but it annoyed me that the whole movie was like a constant close up!! lol
  • BrieBailey
    BrieBailey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LOVED them. One was best but all three were enjoyable. I thought the movie was pretty true (as movies go) but they always pale in comparison to the book.

I read the trilogy in a week with two babies. That NEVER happens. Except with Hunger Games and 50 Shades.....
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    They should rename MyFitnessPal the Hunger Games.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    hi,

Almost finished the 1st book. haven't seen the film yet. My OH loves the books and is part way through the 2nd one AND he's seen the film too.

That's next for me.

At the moment, my time is taken up reading my "socially acceptable women's p*rn" that is "50 shades of grey"... :) I gave in to peer pressure.

xx
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I read the books, have to say I loved the first one, the other 2 not so much. The whole thing reeks of Battle Royale, which if you look at online reviews is a common thought, though the author denies reading or watching Battle Royale while writing the trilogy. I doubt I'll watch the film simply because I'm usually disappointed in film versions of books I've enjoyed.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Read the series and saw the movie. Thought the series was amazing...though the 3rd felt rather rushed.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i love the hunger games and everything about it! ive read the trilogy in under a week twice now and saw the first film. it always leaves me so painfully gutted that it finishes.

i don't mind that its a bit of a teen fiction - i still rate it as a really well written young persons popular fiction - its very gripping and multi-layered. and i did my degree in english literature so my reading diet isnt that bad!
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    loved the books, most people dislike mockingjay - and although it took me longer to read than the others i liked the depth that was put in about her character and the overall ending (wont spoil it on here for those that havent read it).

i really liked the film too - but as its own entity - i spent the whole thing thinking *that is missing, * this is missing (and dont get me started on peeta's leg - how are they going to adjust the story for that in films 2 & 3? ), I was also worried that the katniss/peeta relationship wasnt as well put across in the film as the books, but my friend joined me and loved it - having never read the books.

Looking forward to film 2, and even more so to the divergent film (which will blow the socks off hungergames!)
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie, and I'm about half way through Catching Fire. I really like it. Some of the government conspiracies don't seem too far fetched, so it holds a persons attention. While it was written for an audience the same age Twilight was, I find The Hunger Games more interesting and less sappy.

ETA- When I finished The Hunger Games, I was kicking myself for not having Catching Fire ready at home. I was trying to figure out where I could go buy it at 1 in the morning.
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    They should rename MyFitnessPal the Hunger Games.

:laugh:
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    I haven't seen the movie, and I'm about half way through Catching Fire. I really like it. Some of the government conspiracies don't seem too far fetched, so it holds a persons attention. While it was written for an audience the same age Twilight was, I find The Hunger Games more interesting and less sappy.

I did too.. I liked the bit about Katniss not wanting to be with Peeta and not wanting to be with Gale either. She was inbetween them and her own character. I like how she grew with the books and how detailed her emotions were at times.