Team UK: September

Options
Well guys were onto a new month.

where has everyone gone?
we welcome new members AT ANY TIME :flowerforyou: so come join us!

this month we're going back to weekly challenges.

so........
WEEK ONE CHALLENGE
+ Set yourself a weightloss goal for the month and set yourself a reward
+ Stick to your calories without depriving yourself - if you want that bad food then do some exercise to compensate eating it

good luck everyone!!

Replies

• nandocolaco
    Options
    Hi Katie,

I'm relatively new to this site, just over a month, not many ppl from the UK.
    I'll join, Thanks.
    I have set myself goals of 1.5kg every two weeks.
    I regularly have treats but I commute 25-30 mins a day on my bike. Both treats and bike rides go unlogged.
    My wii fit says I am no longer obese. lol. Trying for BMI of 25.

Recently I have noticed I can no longer cope with having 2nds at meal times or rather large ones.
    I feel very uneasy afterwards.
    I guess it's a good thing.

Add me as friend if you want.

Good luck.
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

my goal weight for the end of september is 143lbs - 10st 3lbs
    my reward - some sort of pamper treatment
    the 30th september is also my 21st birthday so hopefully i will have two things to celebrate!
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie

Um its time to join the UK group now.I have been stuck on 11st and 4lbs for a long time and I need a kick in the backside .I need to get to 10st 4lbs to get to my healthy BMI that is 14lbs from my CW.Then 13 more I dont know if I can do it lol.My treat will be a liitle black dress for the christmas party .
  • rizzagizza
    Options
    hi! i'm from the UK. have been using MFP for about three months now along with exercising 2-4 a week at the gym intensively since Jan. i've lost about 10lbs so far (weighing in at 10st 4 right now) and I really want to go down to about 9st 10lb ideally, but have a goal of 10st (so another 4 lb) in the next month.

i'm finding it hard at the moment... i'm eating 1500 cals a day as 1200 isn't enough for me. i've never been big in any way (i'm a size 8-10), but when my weight crept up to 11st at uni i was not pleased and decided to lose the extra stone. i also really just want to tone up, which i have achieved quite a lot through weight lifting and cardio... and now i'm on a mission to lean up a bit more. so 9st 10lb is my long term goal... and 10st my goal for the next month or so...

xxx
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

Katie, weekend was average on the food scale of things, did manage a workout on saturday!

I go on holiday in exactly a week! Omg so excited!! just wanna focus on the gym and eating well this next week and then im off to Crete for a week! :drinker: :drinker: <-Plenty of that will be happening!! ha ha

My goal is to fit into a pair of size 12 trousers for work by the end of the month!! ( they fit JUST but i want them to fit nicely!! )

:flowerforyou:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I would like to get to 12st, 168lbs by the end of september - thats just over a lb per week. My treat will be to take my hubby out for a meal (lots of exercise needed!)

Kp have a good holiday. I just can't wait for the children to restart school.

207476.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • James501
    Options
    Hi all well its the usual crowd still but as katie said all new people welcome.
    My goal this month is to get to a normal BMI weight. which is 12stone for my height. 6lbs to go and that will be my first milestone. Also to get more active this month so katherine when you get back from holiday lets go for that run.
    Think my reward should be some new clothers as it will be a stone and a half off and things are getting baggy. lol

Hope everyone is well, keep up the good work and well done to all the losers this week

James
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Its been difficult getting back into the swing of things after a crazy August. Its hard to feel pleased with having a weight gain of 5lbs but people keep saying its great that I'm not smoking so i guess it is.

I do feel quite on track today. had a good workout this morning and got more meals planned for the week. the calories are ok and I'm feeling full up.

Doing thirty day shred and 100 push up challenges this month. got my Hr Monitor and a bucket of motivation. hoping for 12st for the end of the month. even less if i can.

Good luck everone else

ps mumsanutter looks like we're at a head together lol. hope we both make 12st. its great feeling being in the 160's
  • glittergirlamy14
    glittergirlamy14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello newbies!!

Goodbye everyone, I'm away to Ibiza now.

I will set my challenge when I come back!

Amy x
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    heyy newcomers n every1

so i weighed in, after iv eaten which is a stupid thing probs but iv put on 3lbs over 2 weeks :grumble:

so this means im putting myself on a target of losing 5lbs this month and finally reaching 12st dead on

my treat will be to buy some new clothes and the new fast and furious at the end of the month:happy:

good luck everyone :drinker: :smile:
  • Simplicity
    Options
    heyy newcomers n every1

so i weighed in, after iv eaten which is a stupid thing probs but iv put on 3lbs over 2 weeks :grumble:

so this means im putting myself on a target of losing 5lbs this month and finally reaching 12st dead on

my treat will be to buy some new clothes and the new fast and furious at the end of the month:happy:

hey sean you make me feel better with some one else having a weight gain lol. hope you had a good hol. you did go away didn't ya?. that makes three of us trying for 12st this month lol.
    good luck
  • James501
    Options
    heyy newcomers n every1

hey sean you make me feel better with some one else having a weight gain lol. hope you had a good hol. you did go away didn't ya?. that makes three of us trying for 12st this month lol.
    good luck

make that 4 mate, 12 stone the target for the month. be amazing if we can all do it

keep it up guys

james
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    heyy newcomers n every1

good luck

make that 4 mate, 12 stone the target for the month. be amazing if we can all do it

keep it up guys

james

yerr i did go on holi, didnt leave the country like but i wos doin a lot of walking but the only option to eat wos junk so its down to that really bcos i dnt think ther wos a healthy meal in any restraurant not salads or nothing jus side salads but nywy i kno i weighed in yest but im gna go agen tday bcos i had a ful stomach from dinner n am sure thts bound to have added, so hoping for at least 1 pound less lol

n yerr cool so 4 of us trying for the same goal, hope we can all reach it or better :happy:

cud i jus ask magnet and ben, since your the only two lads on here as wel wots ur healthy weight for your height?

its annoyin to think the taller u r the easier it is to be slimmer really init haha
  • James501
    Options
    heyy newcomers n every1

good luck

keep it up guys

james

yerr i did go on holi, didnt leave the country like but i wos doin a lot of walking but the only option to eat wos junk so its down to that really bcos i dnt think ther wos a healthy meal in any restraurant not salads or nothing jus side salads but nywy i kno i weighed in yest but im gna go agen tday bcos i had a ful stomach from dinner n am sure thts bound to have added, so hoping for at least 1 pound less lol

n yerr cool so 4 of us trying for the same goal, hope we can all reach it or better :happy:

cud i jus ask magnet and ben, since your the only two lads on here as wel wots ur healthy weight for your height?

its annoyin to think the taller u r the easier it is to be slimmer really init haha

to be in a normal BMI mines 12 stone as i'm 5ft9 but to be honest i wont be slim when i get to that, i'm thinking my goal of 10stone is kind of ideal for me so any where between then mate .

It does suck that if your tall you can way more but oh well, just have to keep fighting the flab.

good luck mate
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Welll hello my little team of UK Bods! I hope you are all ok?

SEAN.. Just posted on your "ideal weight situation"

Magnet - as soon as im back from Crete i will drag myself you u out for a run! nothing major mind you!! :tongue: maybe to stoke park and back again!! :laugh:

What you all been up to this week? weathers pants - more of an excuse to stay in the gym and hide away! ha ha

Massive migrain at 3am this morning - kept me awake for a while.. so im a sleepy head today!!! doesnt help that i sit at a computar screen everyday! Meah!

Anywhooo i hope everyone is "on the wagon" and havent fallen off!?

x k x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    My goal this month is to get to a normal BMI weight. which is 12stone for my height. 6lbs to go and that will be my first milestone. Also to get more active this month so katherine when you get back from holiday lets go for that run.
    Think my reward should be some new clothers as it will be a stone and a half off and things are getting baggy. lol

Hope everyone is well, keep up the good work and well done to all the losers this week

James

I know what you mean about the clothes situation - im stuck in the middle! i have baggy baggy size 14's so they are a no go... 12's that just about fit and 12s that fit perfectly - so im heading for a size 10!!

And yes we will go for our run!! we need a meeting place!! :bigsmile:
  • James501
    Options

James

I know what you mean about the clothes situation - im stuck in the middle! i have baggy baggy size 14's so they are a no go... 12's that just about fit and 12s that fit perfectly - so im heading for a size 10!!

And yes we will go for our run!! we need a meeting place!! :bigsmile:

well can meet you at stoke park and go for a run around there if you think you can handle that???
    I'm not much of a runner but think could just about do that. What you think?
    have an amazing time in crete if i dont hear from you before hand, dont make me to jelous of your tan when you get back. :laugh:
    I so need to go hard the next 3 months 2 stone by end of november and i will be a happy bunny.

J x
  • Simplicity
    Options
    hey sean crazy as it sounds im 5ft 9.5 (no shoes lol) apparantly and i did it on one of those machine things at boots. bmi for me is good at 12st 3 but really i think 12st is same as James. my goal is 11st although i think i was looking ok at 11st 6 just thought hey why not go for 11st.
    my goals change with my motivation and hey, hopefully by the end of september we will all get there. Been 12st 5 for three days now and getting a headache seem to be working out a lot but also eating alot, but, i will forever say at least im not smoking lol.

Catch up soon.
    Ben:smile:
  • debtdummy
    Options
    im in the uk will be joining in soojn if thats ok, just getting used to site
  • James501
    Options
    im in the uk will be joining in soojn if thats ok, just getting used to site

debtdummy welcome. sure i speak for all team UK when i say any help you need we are all here to help. keep us all posted and hope you dont mind being with us losers:laugh:

James