Surprise!

Umeboshi
Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
What foods surprised you when you found out they'd actually fit into your calorie goals?

I've been at this for a year, and am part of the "everything in moderation" camp. I eat all sorts of stuff I would have never thought I could get away with if I were watching calories. Despite all that, I was JUST surprised by the fact that I could have chips (without messing up my day). I remembered I used to love salt and vinegar chips, and decided to buy some. I found out I could have a huge pile of 18 chips for 160 calories! Obviously that's not a small amount of calories for how little nutrition and everything they have, but still I'm pleased that I could have a sandwich and chips for 335 calories total. :)

Anyone else been pleasantly surprised like this?

Replies

• breskittle
    breskittle Posts: 75 Member
    Panera Brocolli & Cheddar soup! nommy nommy
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Chocolate was my big surprise - I had nutella on toast for supper last night and was under my calorie, carb and fat goals for the day - couldn't believe it!
  • Beatlegirl66
    Beatlegirl66 Posts: 68 Member
    I can eat McDonald's French Fries. I love them and there was no way I was going to go through my life without ever eating them again. I discovered that if you order a Happy Meal, you get fairly decent sized small order of fries for just 100 calories.

I really like the Salt and Vinegar chips as well. I used to eat them all of the time, but I haven't even looked at them since I started counting calories. Maybe I should every once in awhile.