Morning laugh....

Options
mszSHOGAN
mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
I wanted to run yesterday but had NO motivation and instead laid on the couch all evening....:explode:

I said, "I'm getting up in the morning and running" (since I often have more energy before work rather than after). So I got up at 5:15 and hit the pavement - literally. I don't exactly live in the best neighborhood and running in the dark isn't really a good idea, so I was looking around very cautiously and didn't see the uneven pavement that caused me to trip, watch myself fall in slow-mo and eventually hit the ground. It hurt but I got up and continued! :drinker: My knee and hand started throbbing so I looked down and I was gushing blood! I ran home crying like a little baby and couldn't help but laugh at myself when I was cleaning up in the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I must've looked like such an idiot - but thanks to my observance (which caused this whole mess) atleast I know no one was around!

So please, have a good chuckle imagining me stumbling to catch myself before hitting the sidewalk like a ton of bricks! :laugh:

Replies

• tubbytabbytales
    Options
    awww! *giggle* I trip and fall and run into things all the time :laugh:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    :laugh: Awesome! Glad to know I'm not alone in clumsy land!!!!:laugh:
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    aw, well i am glad you are ok! I tend to be pretty clumsy, too...so I can definitely relate :) Thanks for sharing!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Ack! No I don't want to laugh, I want to hug.

I really like running in the morning, but I don't like to carry a flashlight, so I got one of those little miner's lights - LED flashlight that you strap around your head. I'm sure I look like a nut, but I can see where I'm going and cars can see me. And if anyone starts to chase you down just look at them and the bright LED's will blind them in the dark and you can run away. :)

I hope your hand and knee are not injured too badly, and that they heal quickly!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

I want to laugh :laugh: , but only because I've had my share of those moments :laugh:
    Glad you're ok :flowerforyou:
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    :laugh: very Funny. I am up at 5:15 myself for my morning run. I run with a neighbor. There is NO WAY I would get up on my own and do it. If I know that she is out there waiting for me, it forces me to get up. I also love coming back from the morning run and updating my exercise log and smiling at the bonus calories I have access to.

Are you by Pittsburgh? My daughter is looking at that college for next year. Went for a weekend visit and she loved it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I really like running in the morning, but I don't like to carry a flashlight, so I got one of those little miner's lights - LED flashlight that you strap around your head. I'm sure I look like a nut, but I can see where I'm going and cars can see me. And if anyone starts to chase you down just look at them and the bright LED's will blind them in the dark and you can run away. :)

I hope your hand and knee are not injured too badly, and that they heal quickly!!

Those things are great!! Like $5 or $10 at Walmart.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    :laugh: very Funny. I am up at 5:15 myself for my morning run. I run with a neighbor. There is NO WAY I would get up on my own and do it. If I know that she is out there waiting for me, it forces me to get up. I also love coming back from the morning run and updating my exercise log and smiling at the bonus calories I have access to.

Are you by Pittsburgh? My daughter is looking at that college for next year. Went for a weekend visit and she loved it.

I live outside of Pittsburgh but actually work downtown. Great city!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    No laughing here! I did that last spring and it really hurt! I hope you heal up soon :heart:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    OOHHH! I'm definitely not laughing. I've had my share of falls and that's what I worry aobut now when I'm jogging. At my age I could break a hip or something. I hope you heal quickly and glad you can laugh at yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Those things are great!! Like $5 or $10 at Walmart.

They are awesome. I use one in the winter to do my horse chores, because my barn has no electricity. Also, great for full moon snowshoeing in the winter!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    aw, hehe! :flowerforyou: totally something i would do. glad your ok!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    oopsie!