50 Shades fans

Options
KatieMae75
KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
I haven't read this series yet, and i think I'm one of the only women out there who hasn't. The past couple of times I went to Target, I saw three women toss the book in their cart in the time it took me to read a back jacket of another book, and the two women behind me in line yesterday had it in their cart. What am I missing here? Am I missing an enticing, twisted, suspenseful plot? Or am I missing something along the lines of ..Girl meets boy. Girl hates boy. But, girl wants boy. Lots of S&M. Tell me why you love the series, is it well worth the read?

Also, if you like 50 Shades, there's another series I think is similar to it, but not as well known. It's called The Sleeping Beauty trilogy, by A. N. Roquelaure (Anne Rice's pen name). I blushed just flipping through that one in the book store.

Replies

• StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings on it. I wasn't impressed with her writing, I felt like there were a few phrases that she used too often. I was entertained by the story.

You are the second person to recommend The Sleeping Beauty Trilogy.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The writing is poor. The setting is juvenile and pure fantasy. There is a little talk about BDSM, and a whole lot of just barely more than vanilla sex. It's great fantasy material, but not a serious read by any means.

The Sleeping Beauty series was much better written.
  • fatgirlslim32
    fatgirlslim32 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll have a look at the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy.

I read the first book of 50 shades, didn't enjoy it. I've already read Twlight :shrug: I don't need to read it again with added sex!
  • Salamanda425
    Salamanda425 Posts: 358
    Options
    It's not bad for what it is. Like the others said, poor writing! It's not as naughty as I expected it would be after hearing all the hype. I've read much more "exciting" books! With that being said......I'm on to book 3 tonight!