New study out of Harvard -- TYPE of calories matters more

1789101113»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I think the advantage is likely appetite control on the lower carb diet. It seems to be very difficult for many obese people to control their appetite enough to stay in calorie deficit when they are eating lots of carbs.

This is the only argument I bother with. It allows great appetite control for me. Therefore adherence to protocol is followed. That's the point right?
    I can fully buy that argument without reservation. If it creates satiety and adherence, it's a good thing. What I don't buy is when people make miraculous claims such as being able to eat at a caloric surplus and still lose weight.

One poster made that claim. The study did not. You can drop the BS act now.

Nor was there a difference in satiety in the different diets - the study reports the same level of self-reported satiety across the protocols.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    I think the advantage is likely appetite control on the lower carb diet. It seems to be very difficult for many obese people to control their appetite enough to stay in calorie deficit when they are eating lots of carbs.

This is the only argument I bother with. It allows great appetite control for me. Therefore adherence to protocol is followed. That's the point right?
    I can fully buy that argument without reservation. If it creates satiety and adherence, it's a good thing. What I don't buy is when people make miraculous claims such as being able to eat at a caloric surplus and still lose weight.

One poster made that claim. The study did not. You can drop the BS act now.

Nor was there a difference in satiety in the different diets - the study reports the same level of self-reported satiety across the protocols.

i was referring to anvilhead's assertion about losing weight on a calorie surplus.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Whew. Hopefully it's dead for good now....
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 355 Member
    Bump-read late
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Bump