Chiptole!

Options
I love Chipotle and I know it can be healthy-friendly if you get the right things. My problem is knowing how to calculate out the calories since I'm not measuring the ingredients myself. The website has nutrition information for their "serving size" but I'm not sure how much they are actually putting in the bowl and if it's even close to the amount the website says. What I usually get is a burrito bowl with:

-brown rice
-fajita veggies
-black beans
-tomatoes
-light cheese
-guac on the side

Sometimes, when I don't feel like cooking, getting Chipotle on the way home from work is a great option but I get nervous that I am not "guesstimating" the calories correctly and grossly underestimating how much is really in there!

Does anyone else ever eat Chipotle, and if so, how do you calculate the calories?

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    The main things I notice that they tend to over portion are the rice and the guac, so I ask for less of both. I get brown rice, fajita veggies, black beans, mild salsa, corn, guacamole, and lettuce. If you are concerned about the amount, always better to overestimate I guess. I think my usual combo is ~600 calories.
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love Chipolte as well. I agree with the previous poster they do seem to fill the bowl with lots of rice so I tell them I just want a half a spoonful instead of the normal two heaping spoonfuls, I don't even miss it.
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Rice - Brown, medium-grain, cooked, 0.8 cup (164)
    Black Beans, 4 oz. (120)
    Tomato Salsa*, 3.5 oz (20)
    Fajita Vegetables (Sauteed Green Bell Peppers & Red Onions), 2.5 oz (20)
    Cheese, 0.5 oz (90)
    Guacamole Net Carbs, 3.5 oz (150)

totals ~564 calories

This is what I had been logging when I did eat it. I guessed about 3/4 of a cup for the rice. I get the guacamole on the side and portion that myself.

Thanks for your help! I don't feel as worried about it anymore :smile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Use the information on the website.
  • webhaus
    webhaus Posts: 9
    Options
    I use this chipotle calorie calculator. If you are concerned about portions, you could weigh the entire bowl. http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Their website has everything you need to know.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I usually do a bowl without rice, just pintos and black beans, chicken and the rest.
    no queso or sour cream and a tad bit of guac. mmmmm
    now i'm hungry!!:tongue: