advice wanted from uk ladies re shapewear

Options
a tiny bit of background info first.......i have lost 84lb over the last 18 months,i have got quite a large amount of saggy stomach skin, i have been to see my doctor today and he has informed me that the only thing i can do is have a tummy tuck, this really isn't an option at the minute even though it wouldn't cost me anything as i have far to many family commitments to deal with and cant afford the recovery time plus i still want to lose more weight before i consider it (petrified of surgery)

i need some real opinions on what people think the best shapewear to buy in the uk is, i'm sick of reading advertising slogans and "real customer" reviews that are basically just more spin, i need something that's going to pull my stomach in from below my ribs to hip level, i don't really want something that goes on my legs, and i don't mind wearing an all in one bodysuit/basque/corset (or whatever the correct name is)
i have a wedding coming up in approximately a month and really want to feel comfortable with what im wearing rather than fidgeting all night because im paranoid that i look lumpy bumpy lol

many thanks in advance x

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Go online and search for the Rago brand, excellent quality and proper old fashioned hold - none of the spanx elastic crap. :-)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I quite like my spanx!

M&S do tummy control tights. And some of Gok Wan's new collection for Sainsburys has special tummy control panels.

(I love Gok's collection by the way, very clever designs)
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    thanks i'm gonna check all suggestions out like the idea of the rago ones, i cant get on with spanx either x
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You can't beat good old M&S for me, they do a huge range of shape wear.