I am so Mad!

Options
I started drinking water like I am supposed to and exercising regularly like I am supposed to and the scale says that I have gained 3lbs! Since Monday! I am so mad! What is going on? Can someone tell me please? Is it my scale or me? I know that I shouldnt weigh that often but.... I also measure once a week and my measurements havent went up anywhere but UGH!

Replies

• pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you just started working out, most likely it's just water retention to repair muscle. Keep going a few weeks and it should start to level out.
  • codycisco
    codycisco Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks for replying, I did just start both actually this week. I didnt think about that! DUH!
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    would be easier to reply if we could peek at your diary - tell us your sex, goal, height...:)
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    Definitely give it time like the above poster said. And keep drinking your water! It will start to flush out if you drink enough.
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've just started my 3rd week of really exercising, so I'm seeing the same thing - stalled for the past 2 weeks on the scale - but I keep trying to remember what a lot of folks are saying about the muscle holding water for repair.... but I still want to throw the scale across the hwy :explode:
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when I first started. It's frustrating but try not to get too wrapped up on the number. Your weight fluctuates a lot for many different reasons. Continue what you're doing and you will do great! It's good you're taking your measurements. I think that is a better indicator of how you're doing when you first start out. Keep up the good work, you'll get there I promise!