!%#king bursitis! Leslie Sansome workouts!

Options
Hi! I'm Jacki. I started MFP over a year ago. I started at 348 pounds. I had to start exercising in a chair because I couldn't lift my legs. I worked my way up to water aerobics and eventually was doing an hour on the treadmill 5 days a week. I lost 77 pounds in seven months. Then because of exercising so hard, I ended up getting bursitis in both hips. I found this out last October. I had to quit exercising and was put on anti imflammatories and pain pills. I'm still on them. I can't walk without them. So anyway, I got depressed and really gave up on myself. Over the next six months I gained back 52 pounds. I started up again in April and have lost 29 of the 52 pounds. I really want to start exercising again. I just ordered me the Leslie Sansone Start Walking at Home DVD. It has a 1 mile 20 minute workout and a 2 mile 30 minute workout. I was hoping someone here has done any Leslie Sansone workouts and could tell me if I just wasted $15. I'm really hoping it's low impact enough that I can do it without hurting myself worse. Please let me know what you think. Thank you. Jacki

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    They are low impact workouts and they are great. You can do them once or twice a day. Many on here do them.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Do you do any stretching? I have bursitis in my right hip and stretching, foam rolling, and using a resistance band has helped me. I refuse to take anti-inflamatories long term because I couldn't tell if it was getting better.
  • yodapooper
    yodapooper Posts: 62
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Jacki!

Have you considered riding a stationery bike instead of walking? I suggest this because of the stress on your hips. I find that it's helped me quite allot. I had back problems and knee problems so walking really bothered me. Just a thought though. Good luck on your journey to a happier you.:bigsmile:
  • 2012kwhay
    2012kwhay Posts: 17
    Options
    We spend the winter in our motorhome in Florida. There is a group of us that do the tapes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. Have to say that it was better walking in the cool rec center than walking outside when the humidity was high! They helped me stay on my walking plan! You should be OK -- a lot of the retired ladies also had knee or hip problems and were able to do tapes. Good luck with getting back with the plan!
  • DebbieLOL
    DebbieLOL Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Jacki,
    Yes, I've done the Leslie Sansone DVD's. In fact I even had one of her video tapes back in the early 90's. They're really good & the time flies. They are low impact, just walking, doing side steps, cross over steps, light kicks, etc. No jumping or running in place which is what I needed for my achilles tendon injuries. I'm sure your $15 is well spent. You'll get good use out of the DVD.
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have bursitis in my right hip and it's so frustrating. It recently flared up and I took about 800 mg of aspirin, stretched ALOT and iced it. It did eventually get better. I was doing stairs when it first acted up and doing all of the above helped me continue to do stairs. I hope something helps!