Need vegetarian meals under 200 calories!

I've been a vegetarian for almost 4 years now and considering my family all eat meat, I have to make up my own recipes and meals. I'm sick of only eating JUST vegetables and boca burgers. It gets so boring. I want to have fun making different meals instead of the same thing everyday and I want new tastes.

Any suggestions? Please try to keep it under 200 calories.

Thank you so much!

Replies

• obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Vegetarian cassoulet:

4 cups vegetable broth
    2 cups water
    4 large carrots
    2 stalks Celery
    2 cloves Garlic
    1 cup of dried white (great northern) beans
    1 Tbsp. Herbs de Provence (or just use thyme and oregano)
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 Tbsp. canola or olive oil

Soak the beans overnight. In a large saucepan saute the celery and carrots until they are soft, add chopped garlic and saute one more minute. Transfer to large stockpot (or pressure cooker). Add broth, water, beans, herbs, and tomatoes. If using a regular pot, cover tightly, cook for 2 hours or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally. If using a pressure cooker, when its fully heated up, count about 45 minutes until releasing pressure and beans should be tender.

The recipe I got this from added some kind of vegetarian sausage or pepperoni stick and I just don't care for it.

I understand this recipe might be time consuming but I do this on Sunday and have enough soup for almost a week, and it freezes well, and is very economical,and totally vegetarian. Beans/legumes are excellent sources of protein. 1 cup is less than 200 cals. What I love is that it is a soup and its very filling.