eating more sugar free items or Splenda= hungry all the time

Options
Hi guys,
I know that artificial sweeteners aren't great for you and I've tried about all of them but I've been having Splenda with my coffee now daily and trying to cut down on some of the "real" sugar. but the thing is, i'm so hungry. Now, a lot of this could be due to the marathon training, I don't know.. all I know is- I'm hungry!!! :laugh:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Ive always use splenda in my coffee and tea they say it makes you hungry...I want to switch to stevia :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    We use Ideal, it's xyletol. It's great, natural, and tastes good. The only real downside is it's deadly dangerous to dogs. We have a corgi, so it makes us nervous, but if you keep the packets in a safe place and don't let the dogs around any food that may have it, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I can't tell any difference from regular sugar, and it's not a synthetic chemical, it's produced by the human body and in nature in some fruits and plants.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Ive always use splenda in my coffee and tea they say it makes you hungry...I want to switch to stevia :smile:

i was using stevia but its not as sweet, its kind of bitter......
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    We use Ideal, it's xyletol. It's great, natural, and tastes good. The only real downside is it's deadly dangerous to dogs. We have a corgi, so it makes us nervous, but if you keep the packets in a safe place and don't let the dogs around any food that may have it, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I can't tell any difference from regular sugar, and it's not a synthetic chemical, it's produced by the human body and in nature in some fruits and plants.

Where did you find this? Do I have to go to a health food store, or is it pretty readily available (Walmart??)? Also, how does the price compare to other sweeteners, like Splenda or stevia?

I'm really interested in it, because it seems so much more natural.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Where did you find this? Do I have to go to a health food store, or is it pretty readily available (Walmart??)? Also, how does the price compare to other sweeteners, like Splenda or stevia?

I'm really interested in it, because it seems so much more natural.

we get it at our local chain grocery store, check your local stores, you should be able to find it around, like I said, the brand name we use is Ideal, but I'm sure there are others.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    None of these sweeteners ever make me hungrier. I don't understand what that's all about. :indifferent:
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I find that I am more hungry when I have been drinking or eating something with the artificial sweetners.
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I JUST saw Ideal @ one of my local stores,Big Y, and was curious about it.I haven't seen it at Price chopper yet, but am sure they will have it soon, if the other store has it.I would think if it's Naturally derived the health food store would have it also.If you are exercising more, you may need to add some whole grain carbs, and a little protein to offset hunger.:smile:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I've never had the problem with artificial sweeteners making me hungry but I'm interested in trying the Ideal product. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. thanks for the tip.