50 Foods that should be part of your diet!

Options
❥ Pineapple: Speeds post-surgery, Promotes joint health, Reduces asthma inflammation

❥ Blueberries: Restore antioxidant levels, Reverse age-related brain decline, Prevent urinary tract infection

❥ Spinach: Helps maintain mental sharpness, Reduces the risk of cancers of the liver, ovaries, colon and prostate, Top nutrient density

❥ Red Bell Pepper: Reduces risk of lung, prostate, ovarian and cervical cancer, Protects against sunburn, Promotes heart health

❥ Broccoli: Reduces diabetic damage, Lowers risk of prostate, bladder, colon, pancreatic, gastric and breast cancer, Protects the brain in event of injury

❥ Tomato: Reduces inflammation, Lowers risk of developing esophageal, stomach, colorectal lung and pancreatic cancer, Reduces cardiovascular disease risk

❥ Apple: Supports immunity, Fights lung and prostate cancer, Lowers Alzheimer’s risk

❥ Artichoke: Helps blood clotting, Antioxidant Superfood, Lowers “bad” cholesterol

❥ Arugula: Lowers birth defect risk, Reduces fracture risk, Protects eye health

❥ Asparagus: Nourishes good gut bacteria, Protects against birth defects, Promotes heart health

❥ Avocado: Limits liver damage, Reduces oral cancer risk, Lowers cholesterol levels

❥ Blackberries: Build bone density Suppress appetite, Enhance fat burning

❥ Butternut Squash: Supports night vision, Combats wrinkles, Promotes heart health

❥ Cantaloupe: Bolsters immunity, Protects skin against sunburn, Reduces inflammation

❥ Carrot: Antioxidants defend DNA, Fights cataracts, Protects against some cancers

❥ Cauliflower: Stimulates detoxification, Suppresses breast cancer cell growth, Defends against prostate cancer

❥ Cherries: Alleviate arthritic pain and gout, Lower “bad” cholesterol, Reduce inflammation

❥ Cranberries: Alleviate prostate pain. Fight lung, colon and leukemia cancer cells. Prevent urinary tract infection

❥ Green Cabbage: Promotes healthy blood clotting, Reduces risk of prostate, colon, breast and ovarian cancers, Activates the body’s natural detoxification systems

❥ Kale: Counters harmful estrogens that can feed cancer, Protects eyes against sun damage and cataracts, Increases bone density

❥ Kiwi: Combats wrinkles, Lowers blood clot risk and reduces blood lipids, Counters constipation

❥ Mango: Supports, immunity, Lowers “bad” cholesterol, Regulates homocysteine to protect arteries

❥ Mushrooms: Promote natural detoxification, Reduce the risk of colon and prostate cancer, Lower blood pressure

❥ Orange: Reduces levels of “bad” cholesterol, Lowers risk of cancers of the mouth, throat, breast and stomach, and childhood leukemia, Pectin suppresses appetite

❥ Papaya: Enzymes aid digestion, Reduces risk of lung cancer, Enhances fat burning

❥ Plums & Prunes : Counter constipation, Antioxidants defend against DNA damage, Protects against post-menopausal bone loss

❥ Pomegranate: Enhances sunscreen protection, Lowers “bad” cholesterol, Fights prostate cancer

❥ Pumpkin: Protects joints against polyarthritis, Lowers lung and prostate cancer risk, Reduces inflammation

❥ Raspberries: Inhibit growth of oral, breast, colon and prostate cancers, Antioxidant DNA defense, Lower “bad” cholesterol levels

❥ Strawberries: Protect against Alzheimer’s, Reduce “bad” cholesterol, Suppress growth of colon, prostate and oral cancer

❥ Sweet Potato: Reduces stroke risk, Lowers cancer risk, Protect against blindness

❥ Watermelon: Supports male fertility, Reduces risk of several cancers: prostate, ovarian, cervical, oral and pharyngeal, Protects skin against sunburn

❥Banana: Increases Fat Burning, Lowers risk of colorectal and kidney cancer, leukemia, Reduces asthmas symptoms in children

Replies

• hydeejo
    hydeejo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great info!! Thanks for sharing!
  • tabbycat627
    Options
    So I'm getting this vibe that people should be eating more fruits and veggies? :)
    I am totally keeping this post for reference. Thanks for the info!
  • hannahchiarella
    hannahchiarella Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    TL;DR: Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options

LOL yep.
  • Spiggytope
    Spiggytope Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great - ticked off a lot of those recommends - should live to 145 years old! Marvellous!!:smooched:
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks muchly x
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options

You took the words right out of my mouth!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of these... but wish I ate more Kale, Papaya, and Artichokes. Yum!
  • cibilbee
    cibilbee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am happy to see so many foods I've been eating :) Its nice to see what each food benifits. Thanks!
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesome info! Printing and keeping for future reference!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    So I'm getting this vibe that people should be eating more fruits and veggies? :)
    I am totally keeping this post for reference. Thanks for the info!

um...I think we might be on to something..good thing I like most of the list
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I love most of the things on this list :) Fruits and veggies are amazing!
  • All_is_well_1959
    Options
    All delicious too:bigsmile:
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Great info!
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Fantastic info! Thanks!
  • ChefCupcake
    Options
    I've noticed these are all fruits and vegetables! Yum! :)
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    mmm looks like I have a new shopping list :)
  • samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Referencing this!! Thanks!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*

: ))