Jillian Michaels NMTZ vs 30DS

Options
Hi -

So I've been doing 30 DS for about a week now, and while I am generally loving it, I got my NMTZ DVD in the mail and it's been calling out to me to try. My plan was to work through 30 DS straight, them move on to something else, but I'm getting a little tired of doing the same thing every day. Now I'm thinking of alternalting 30 DS with NMTZ to mix things up.

Anyone out there who has done both of these workouts? Is NMTZ a similar format to 30 DS, just longer or are they completely different?

Appreciate any insight!

Replies

• devenwarvel
    devenwarvel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think that all of her videos are basically the same format. I have done both 30DS and NMTZ. I personally LOVE NMTZ! It is def more challenging than 30DS. I didn't see much results from 30DS. I combined NMTZ and BFBM (Burn Fat Boost Metabolism) and got amazing results...I can not say enough positive things about these two DVDs!! I think alternating them would be a good idea. It would give you variation and a better workout.
  • laurenmdaley
    laurenmdaley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch for your reply, I think I'll give NMTZ a try tonight! Looking forward to it, though I know it will kick my butt!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    They are pretty similar, although NMTZ is more circuits and almost 100% lifting/strength, whereas 30DS does more cardio focus. I think NMTZ is *WAY* more difficult than the 30DS. There are some things in NMTZ I don't like (the last circuit I HATE) so when those come up I will typically do a move that I prefer or do some form of cardio like jumping jacks. I actually use the 30DS as a warm-up on days where I want to do a long run. On days where I do not want to run much I will just do NMTZ. But if you are not a runner like me and you want to focus on more target areas and getting into 'shape', I'd probably suggest doing NMTZ instead!
  • saracatherine89
    Options
    Also- I have measured myself doing both videos in terms of calories burned (minus cool down).
    Level 1 of the 30DS burns about 220 calories
    Level 2 of the 30DS burns about 270 calories
    Level 3 of the 30DS burns about 250 calories.
    BFBM burns about 500, NMTZ burns about 475.

I weigh 200lbs and do them without many stops. Just in case you are wondering what to log as :)
  • laurenmdaley
    laurenmdaley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's very helpful. are you using a HRM to determine your calorie burn?
  • saracatherine89
    Options
    Yes I am!