Cherries??

Options
sarahmoo12
sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
So my mum and dad have a cherry tree in their garden and iv got a pile of fresh cherries and dont have a clue what to make with them !!
Please any ideas welcome :D

Replies

• jvendramin
    jvendramin Posts: 15
    Options
    When mine are ripe, I am going to throw them in my morning green monster. Also cherry sauces go great with fish, pork, and turkey. Of course there's cherry desserts, but that kinda defeats the purpose of eating fruit IMO. Whole grain cherry breads and pancakes would probably be pretty good too.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    When mine are ripe, I am going to throw them in my morning green monster. Also cherry sauces go great with fish, pork, and turkey. Of course there's cherry desserts, but that kinda defeats the purpose of eating fruit IMO. Whole grain cherry breads and pancakes would probably be pretty good too.

Cherry pancakes are AWESOME.

Cherry sorbet is delicious.. Cherries in wholegrain muffins. Just eaten raw!
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    Cherry muffins sound good
  • sarahmoo12
    Options

Oooo whats the recipe for that green monster? I keep meaning to try 1 lol
  • jvendramin
    jvendramin Posts: 15
    Options
    I just kinda wing it. I do about a cup or so of spinach, half a cup of plain non fat greek yogurt, half a cup of whatever fruit I have, half a cup of whatever juice seems to compliment that fruit, a tablespoon of honey, and ice. With cherries because they are pretty tart, I would probably choose apple juice. Somewhere between 200-250 calories. Only problem with cherries is you have to pit them, but whatever, something different. Color is not neon green but still obviously green. Its actually really sweet and wouldnt need so much honey, but it tastes good that way and I guy raw local honey because there's some anecdotal evidence of anti-allergy effects.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    eat them plain!
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I have them practically every other day with fat free whipped cream
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Cherry clafoutis is my fav, fav, fav way of nomming cherries...not particularly 'healthy' but darn tasty!!
  • husstlebusstle
    Options
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3029

Wilted kale with cherries. I made this the other day and it was pretty good. Plus I had leftover kale for kale chips and extra cherries to stuff in my maw because cherries are just the best.
  • sarahmoo12
    Options
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3029

Wilted kale with cherries. I made this the other day and it was pretty good. Plus I had leftover kale for kale chips and extra cherries to stuff in my maw because cherries are just the best.

ooo sounds interesting !
  • sandra196745
    Options
    you could just eat them as a fruit snack
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Cherry pancakes, definitely!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo jealous!!!! Cherries are sooo expensive here and they are, by far, my favourite fruit.
    I just eat them fresh and raw.
    You can put them in yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes. Fruit salad.
    Cherry cheesecake is AMAZING but, you know, bad for you and all. lol. If I had enough cherries, I'd look for a low calorie cherry cheesecake and cherry pie recipe. Cherries are soooooooooooooooooo delicious!!!
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Cherries are my favorite. I like to freeze them and pull them out of the freezer and eat them frozen. Great snack.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    only eat them raw, can not stand a cooked cherry.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Cherries were on sale today for 99 cents a lb. I am soooooooo excited. They are usually 3.99 a lb. I bought two lbs and am going to eat them raw until I'm sick!!! That's what I'm going to do with them.

Oh, but last week I cut some up, along with grapes and some other fruit and mixed with fat free yogurt for a fruit salad.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like them with yogurt and Grape Nuts for breakfast.