An apple a day

amielizabeth1
amielizabeth1 Posts: 57 Member
How do you like your apples? Apples really bore me...but they're filling and good for you. I cut them into thin slices, squeeze lemon juice over them, then add in Stevia and plenty of cinnamon- put in a small container, they can be eaten anytime later in the day without turning brown. Delicious! (I have braces so I can't bite into whole apples without a lot of trouble :smile: )

Replies

• Take a whole apple and core it. Then put a little water in a small bowl. Place the apple in the water and microwave for about 3 minutes. You may have to add less or more time depending on your microwave. You want the apple to be soft. Then put the apple in a new dish. You can cut the apple into 4 pieces and sprinkle with a lot of cinnammon and a little brown sugar. You now have your own healthy apple pie. It is so good and it hits the spot because you get the taste of comfort food.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    I just eat my apples plain. I have been on a red delicious kick lately and eat at least 2 a day!
  • wakie27
    wakie27 Posts: 26
    I like mine with some peanut butter ... a friend of mine mixes peanut butter and greek yogurt together to make it easier for her daughter to dip in.
  • Sliced with lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper, and sharp cheddar. Mmmmmm.
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    I got for apple SAUCE. Toss a bunch of apple slices (skin or no skin as you prefer) and cinnamon (and nutmeg and ginger too!) in a crockpot and set it on low. Stir it every hour or so until they are competely mush.
  • twirler5
    twirler5 Posts: 2
    I like peanut butter with them too...kinda wondering how it would be with adding Greek yogurt?
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    I'll quite happily munch on them as they are but they are delish dipped in a little Nutella :-))