Inflating An Exercise Ball

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
I'm bought the Supreme 90 system and one of the workouts requires the use of an inflatable ball. I have an exercise ball that I bought a few years ago, but never used. The ball came with it's own pump, which was laughable, so I tried using a bicycle tire pump to inflate it instead. After taking an inordinate amount of time and effort, I've only managed to get the ball inflated to 50 inches instead of the 75 inch capacity that it's supposed to have.

So, am I don't something wrong? Do I need to use a different type of air pump? Or do I just need to keep going until the stupid thing is at its full capacity? If filled to the halfway point fairly quickly, but the progress slowed to a crawl at that point.

Replies

• Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I used an air mattress pump to inflate my exercise ball. Worked great!

Also, something that my dad noted (his air mattress pump) was that though the circumference was slightly smaller, it was definitely full. So be careful with that.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I hate the exercise ball. I got it fully inflated yesterday, but it had really deflated by this morning. My mom suggested putting duct tape over the plug once I've inflated it so that the air can't escape. I'm thinking that idea has merit.

Does anyone sell preinflated ones without any holes whatsoever?