Fajita recipie anyone?

Evette7
Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
Im looking for a good chicken fajita recipie! Thanks!

Replies

• AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    One of the best fajita recipes I ever found was from a recipe card from our local supermarket.

It's very 'make-it-up-as-you-go-along' with regards to amounts of ingredients but basically, fry off some chicken breast strips, red/yellow peppers (bell) and onions then add a good splurt of tomato ketchup (seriously), some lime juice and then add fresh chillis, chilli powder or chilli puree and fresh coriander (cilantro) to taste. Leave it bubbling in the pan until the chicken is cooked through...serve with sour cream, lettuce and tortillas - nom.
  • Sonnie124
    Sonnie124 Posts: 96 Member
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/foil-pack-chicken-fajita-dinner-111262.aspx

Foil pack chicken fajita dinner

This is excellent. I just changed some of the ingredients to be lower in fat and sodium. Easy and fast!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Sauteed onions and peppers, grill boneless chicken let cooled and shredded (about 4 oz per person). Low carb tortillas' 2 per person.

I use fresh hot salsa from the grocery store ( usually in the salad section) extra cilantro and this sauce I got from Food Network

Tequila Lime Aioli:
    3 tablespoons premium tequila
    1 lime, juiced
    8 ounces sour cream
    1/4 cup milk
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
    Salt and pepper
    In small bowl, combine all ingredients and chill for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Everyone went crazy for them!
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Great ideas for my kids! Love the Aioli :flowerforyou:
  • Darlel
    Darlel Posts: 11 Member
    Easy, Fast Fajitas:

(you will need to Fit the recipe for your needs)
    4 lg boneless Chicken breasts
    3 Sweet, Red, Green, Yellow or Orange peppers.
    1 Large Sweet or Vadalia Onion
    1 Lg Jar of Pace Chunky Salsa (you can of course use another Salsa but the others I tried did not cook well and family did not like.

Cut up some red, yellow, orange, and Green sweet peppers (use a mixture for color or just use one)
    Cut up some onion
    Set these aside for now
    You can use either Steak or Chicken for this:
    Slice up your Chicken or Steak and Brown in some olive oil till done.
    Pour in 1 lg Jar of Pace chunky Salsa (mild or hot... your choice)
    Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes and then add your peppers and onions.
    Continue cooking until peppers are as soft or crunchy as you like.
    Done!