need some motivation

Options
my wedding is 4 months away and i want to lose atleast 74 pounds or more by then but here lately i have been down and all i have wanted to do is eat and it sux cuz i dont want to eat it is stress and depression takeing over. i could realy use some motivation and support cuz in the past week instead of losein weight i gained weight.

Replies

• CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    my wedding is 4 months away and i want to lose atleast 74 pounds or more by then but here lately i have been down and all i have wanted to do is eat and it sux cuz i dont want to eat it is stress and depression takeing over. i could realy use some motivation and support cuz in the past week instead of losein weight i gained weight.
    Patience. You most likely didn't put on 74 pounds in 4 mos. Be careful, cher. Stress, especially stress with a new beginning (wedding) can harm your progress. That being said... it can be done healthy.... good luck. Log in everyday. :smile:
  • Firewife18
    Firewife18 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Patience. You most likely didn't put on 74 pounds in 4 mos. Be careful, cher. Stress, especially stress with a new beginning (wedding) can harm your progress. That being said... it can be done healthy.... good luck. Log in everyday. :smile:
    [/quote]

i try to log in every day its just right now i have bad internet service so it stinks when i cant log in
  • kekpron
    kekpron Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Like Cajun said, being patient is key. 74 lbs in 4 months is extremely aggressive (crossing over to unhealthy actually) and setting such lofty goals is more likely to end up demoralizing you than helping you reach them. You probably don't want to hear this, but setting a goal of 2-3 lbs is healthy, realistic and in the end will actually help you get to where you are going.

Take a few 'little steps' at first to see some results and then use those results to motivate you and soon enough you will get there!
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Try to change your association with un-healthy un-clean foods, or large portions of food from 'this will comfort me' to 'this is going to destroy me'.

Yeah that sounds a little harsh. But it really helped me to change the way my mind would think of chips, chocolates, white sugars, white flours, sodium filled greasy foods or even just large amounts of healthy foods making them un healthy. Instead of allowing my mind to create that false 'happiness' that helped me feel numb myself from my reality, which i was ACTUALLY very unhappy in, I replaced my fake happy feelings with disgust or sadness or frustration. I realised that with every bad food I put into my mouth I was actually intensifying my feelings of depression all on my own. It is easy to be in denial about digging your own grave.

Try to treat your body by healing it rather than harming it. View exercise as a way to heal yourself and fruits veggies whole grains and water as a way to heal your body and create your reality how you view it in your mind :) Tell your brain short term satisfaction is a lie. Short term satisfaction = long term unhappiness.

It's a drastic change, but sometimes drastic changes are nessecary if the way you are living currently just isnt cutting it. Something's gotta give and I wish you all the best and lots of happiness and will power in the days leading up to your wedding and beyond!!!

We humans sometimes take alot of discomfort and struggling before we realise what we are doing has GOT to go and be replaced with a new fresh outlook. If you feel lost go to the library they have lots of books on nutrition and exercise :)

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Firewife18
    Options
    Try to change your association with un-healthy un-clean foods, or large portions of food from 'this will comfort me' to 'this is going to destroy me'.

Yeah that sounds a little harsh. But it really helped me to change the way my mind would think of chips, chocolates, white sugars, white flours, sodium filled greasy foods or even just large amounts of healthy foods making them un healthy. Instead of allowing my mind to create that false 'happiness' that helped me feel numb myself from my reality, which i was ACTUALLY very unhappy in, I replaced my fake happy feelings with disgust or sadness or frustration. I realised that with every bad food I put into my mouth I was actually intensifying my feelings of depression all on my own. It is easy to be in denial about digging your own grave.

Try to treat your body by healing it rather than harming it. View exercise as a way to heal yourself and fruits veggies whole grains and water as a way to heal your body and create your reality how you view it in your mind :) Tell your brain short term satisfaction is a lie. Short term satisfaction = long term unhappiness.

It's a drastic change, but sometimes drastic changes are nessecary if the way you are living currently just isnt cutting it. Something's gotta give and I wish you all the best and lots of happiness and will power in the days leading up to your wedding and beyond!!!

We humans sometimes take alot of discomfort and struggling before we realise what we are doing has GOT to go and be replaced with a new fresh outlook. If you feel lost go to the library they have lots of books on nutrition and exercise :)

:smile: :flowerforyou:

thanx
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    great post 13inchestogo... very inspiring and filled with great advice :)
  • Firewife18
    Options
    great post 13inchestogo... very inspiring and filled with great advice :)

i agree with u that was very inspiring