question, help?

Options
So since January I've lost 60 lbs. I know I should be thrilled, but I still have like another 30 to go. When I look at myself I just don't see the big difference. Has anybody went through this? My mom is convinced I'm crazy. I get to the point where I'm in tears half the day because I just cant stand the way I look. Today I stupidly stepped on the scale at a different time than I usually do and it was 1 lb heavier. I know when you weigh yourself after eating and not in the morning like I usually do you will weigh more, but I just freaked out completely. I'm so stressed about it all and basically I just want to see a difference in my body. I should probably be working out now, but I just think what's the use.:cry:

Replies

• stef_e_b
    Options
    You have to think about your accomplishments. 60 pounds is amazing especially since january, thats epic. Its hard to think about yourself as amazing but its true:heart:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Wow, 60 pounds is a huge weight loss! I know what you mean though, I have lost about 34 myself, and sometimes I hate the fact that even though I have lost so much, I still have a long way to go. But then I think about how far I have come, and you have came a LONG way youself. Don't give up! More than likely it will all hit you at once and you'll realize how far you have come. What workouts are you doing? I know I can really tell a difference in myself since I started strength training. Have you taken your measurements? At times it can be hard to see a difference when you look at yourself all the time, but if you measure yourself, you will have to see the changes. Also, I'm sure that people have noticed a major difference since you have lost all that weight - think about that! Everything will be ok though. Just don't give up!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what to say, cos I don't want to come across like a patronizing old lady LOL.

I think you have accomplished something very special...Losing that much weight is spectacular.

But I remember when I was 19, and I hated my body. I think it's a normal feeling. What, with Barbie dolls, skinny minny models in mags and TV, it's no wonder younger girls have a misguided outlook about their bodies.

And looking back now, I would KILL for the body that I hated all those years ago. I always thought I was fat, but I really wasn't!

Anyway, I do know how it feels, and I don't want to sound like I am talking down to you, but it does change when you get older. At least it did for me. Sure, I still hate my body, but it doesn't matter so much anymore. I guess you have to just get to a place where you are happy with YOU no matter what.

I am sorry you are so sad, but sometimes all you really need is a good cry! It's not a bad thing to cry, it cleanses the soul!

Just keep doing what you are doing, and things will get better!!!!! You are really doing a great job!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...I've lost almost 50lbs. and even though everyone says how good i look, I don't feel any different. For myself, I thought there was a feeling or some magic spark that was going to go off when I lost the wt. The mass media teach us as we grow up that pretty skinny girls are so much happier.

We wrap our happiness around "loosing the wt" b/c then everything will be okay, and its not, the only thing changing is your body.

I think the key is its not "you can't see the difference' you can't feel the difference. You have to learn to love yourself no matter what size. I'm not talking about loving your body, but loving yourself. (if you find the trick let me know) :wink:

You hang in there, tomarrow you will feel better. Also it always helps to get yourself dressed up go hang out with some friends people that love you for you no matter what size you are. And 60lbs since jan is awsome you should be proud!!!!!
    Hope this helps
  • Sherry79
    Options
    Congrats on the 60 lb. loss!!! That's awesome! I too know what you mean having lost a lot of weight and couldn't see a big difference. Then I had a baby and gained it all back plus some and now when I look at those pics from before I see how small I really was. So my suggestion is this: If you have some pictures of yourself from "before" you lost the weight compare those to now!! Or if you still have any of your clothes you were wearing before you lost get some of them out and compare it to the ones you are wearing now!!! I know it's hard but you have come so far and you have so much to be proud of!!! Don't give up & if you need any support and I can help I'm here for you :flowerforyou:
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    great job on the 60pounds...but try not looking at yourself so much....i was always doing that and than i had posted something up like this and someone told me to do the same thing and now i dont look as much as i used to and when i do now i can see changes...but keep up the great work and you will get there...
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    60 lbs is freakin awesome! have you tried putting old pictures of yourself beside current pics so that you yourself can see the changes? give it a shot! :)
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have lost 60 lbs. as well with another 30 to go - same thing. I had a baby 15 months ago, so technically, I have lost 60 since last August. Do NOT beat yourself up. I did the same thing today also, when I stepped on the scale and weighed myself and saw 1 lb. up and I have to weigh in tomorrow- I wanted to cry but, decided to work out (couldn't hurt, right?). Everytime I feel that I have overindulged or am feeling blue, I try to focus on getting it out of my mind by working out. You need to just take a step back and really think about what you have accomplished. 60 lbs. is tremendous. I don't know about you but, I have gone from a size 18 to an almost 12! Think about it this way...that's unbelievable! Some people cannot lose this amount of weight in all their lives. Keep going and do not look back. You will hit bumps like this every once in awhile but can you imagine how awesome it will feel when you hit your goal? Keep this in mind, you will do awesome - you already have! Good luck to everyone!
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    First of all Congrats! You have such a wonderful accomplishment! :happy:
    I have lost about 23 pounds in a couple of years. I could not tell a difference at all! Other people complimented me, but I could not see it.
    I think we are all overly critical of ourselves and if we aren't fat free (ewwww) we feel fat still. Make sure you have some clothes that fit your body better and look at yourself in the mirror with those clothes on. If you have any old pictures, look at those and then yourself. You should be able to see it and embrace how far you have come.
    I know that I personally am beginning to see myself in the mirror and not recognize myself, like an identity crisis. Its scary and exciting at the same time. Hopefully, you will have this same experience! :flowerforyou: