Diagnose me! Who wants to play doctor?

Options
lifesazoo
lifesazoo Posts: 118
Okay, I could totally have fun with this, but I need help first...
I have already called my doctor and am I'm just waiting on a call back.

I have Fibro, RA, and asthma- just to get the basics down. Every time I exercise, my left foot goes totally numb and my left hand does sometimes too. It gets so bad that I have to stop what I'm doing and let the feeling come back. My spine and neck were x-rayed and they found nothing abnormal.

Any ideas????

Replies

• Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    You will probibly need an MRI but it could be a pinched nerve.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

I have Fibro, RA, and asthma- just to get the basics down. Every time I exercise, my left foot goes totally numb and my left hand does sometimes too. It gets so bad that I have to stop what I'm doing and let the feeling come back. My spine and neck were x-rayed and they found nothing abnormal.

Any ideas????
    Gout? Pinched nerve?
  • MrUgly
    MrUgly Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Any ideas????

What type of exercise, at what intensity?
    How long into the exercise do you have the symptoms?
    Is it better some days and worse others, or is it a consistent problem?
    How long has this been happening?
    Were there any changes in diet, exercise pattern, medication (Keep that personal, just food for thought) or seemingly minor injuries in the two weeks prior to the first symptoms?
  • Wayne092
    Wayne092 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm not smart enough to diagnose you. I would end up playing your smarta$$ game again, which I am sure you don't want to do. Sorry I cannot help.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I would feel more comfortable diagnosing you if I got to see you in person and do a thorough evaluation. I am in no way a medical professional, I just want to play Dr.

On the other hand I hope it turns out to be nothing at all to worry about
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It is impossible to tell without a diagnostic workup because you have several diseases processes going on. The Firbo, RA and Asthma are all inflammatory processes which means you could have other inflammatory things going on. Then again, it could be something like a pinched nerve.

Now, I am more than willing to perform a full physical exam free of charge. I have found the best way to diagnose problems with the feet and hands is to focus on the chest, abdomen and lower body. Let me know...lol