Scale won't budge! Not even .10

Options
According to my scale, I weigh EXACTLY- to the .10- what I weighed 2 weeks ago. I have tried to stay on target with cals, I changed up my exercise (from just walking to 30DS with walking and/or other cardio). I don't get it. I made sure my settings were accurate. Any ideas?

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    sorry, hon. My scale hasnt moved since June 1st. stupid scales.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If you changed up your exercise it might take a bit for your body to catch up. Patience, keep on doing what you are doing. It takes time, you got this!
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are honest and accurate with your Calories. Weigh your food if you have to. If you burn more than you eat, you'll lose weight.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I say consistancy is key. Give your body at least 60-90 days of consistancy and the weight will start falling off.. good luck!
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Could be a T.O.M fluctuation? That can throw things way outta whack!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are honest and accurate with your Calories. Weigh your food if you have to. If you burn more than you eat, you'll lose weight.

i weigh everything with my digital scale! also, with certain foods there seems to be a high range of calories in the database. ie, boneless skinless chicken breast comes up as anywhere between 100-130 cals for 4 oz! i usually pick the 130 cal because i would rather estimate too high and not eat over unintentionally.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My scale hasn't moved either. Dumb scale! I can weigh 3 times in a row and it's different each time by up to as much as a pound.I always take the highest weight as true.
  • melneh
    melneh Posts: 25
    Options
    are you pretty close to your goal? I am about 10 lbs away from mine. (down 72 altogether) and my scale didnot budge at all! i did the same thing as you, got on the 30ds crack wagon, counted measured strained all my food. and still no budge. BUT!! 6.5 months later ( for realz big wheelz) the scale moved. 1 lbs one week, and then a .2 the next.
    The body is an amazing machine, that is smarter than we know it ( weird eh) stick with it, try some crazy interval methods ( if you like to run try the jeff galloway method, its a 1:1 walk run method that you can do on any stationary cardio machine.
    It seems like you are working your butt off in vain at the moment for none of those scale results that we are all addicted to. The scale is the needle in mu arm, and yummy foods are the monkey on my back. But think, you can hang with jillian - fall into her mesmerizing gallop, and by the time it is over, you just accomplish 20 pushup you didn't think you could do.

Hang in there, like Hanibal Lecter said "All good things to those who wait"
    And he was right...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If you changed up your exercise it might take a bit for your body to catch up. Patience, keep on doing what you are doing. It takes time, you got this!

This. The scale is often a filthy liar.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Be honest with logging your food & buy a food scale and weigh stuff if you need to, stay within your calorie allottment, exercise enough that you sweat, measure and DO NOT GIVE UP! You are here for a reason, you want to be healthier and YOU CAN DO THIS! Good luck! <hugs>
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just went and bought a brand new scale for this reason. Cause then it told me my clothes weighed 6 pds. And then I couldn't get it to turn on again. I called shenanigans on the whole thing.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back any exercise calories? It seems to work differently for some people than others but if you're not eating them back then perhaps try eating half at first and see how you get on.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on June 10th. Walking major miles everyday, watching every bite, etc. Yesterday was the first day my scale moved 1 pound. This morning, 2 more pounds down. I'm into my 3rd week and its now just starting to move.

Hang in there. It will happen. Good Luck
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    you could try upping your cals a little. worked for me
  • ffffaaatttt
    ffffaaatttt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30DS as well. My scale hasn't been moving very much at all. At first I got discouraged. Then I measured myself. It turned out I lost AT LEAST an inch every where I measure. (Hips, waist, bust, thighs, upper arm) Exercise builds muscle. Muscle is denser than fat. So... If you have 5 lbs of muscle and 5 lbs of fat. The muscle will take up less space on your body than the 5lbs of fat. Try measuring and keeping photos. I realize that it's hard to tell when you look in the mirror, but if you have two pics side by side... the difference is undeniable.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Well, I'd drop the Coke and M&Ms. 1st, there are a lot of empty calories there; 2nd and I'm not an expert, but all that sugar could be be provoking an insulin response which inhibits the buring of fat.

Drop those empty cal and put them toward protean.
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My scale has not moved since June 5th! I know it is frustrating!! But....I have noticed a change. I measured myself and have lost tons of inches!! :) You should measure...it feels great to see the inches fall off! I too am doing 30DS (my second round) :) Good LUck and keep on going :wink:
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just throwing a thought out there for consideration...

You might want to check out the MFP group Eat More to Weight Less http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

This group provides resource links and guideance about where you can calculate your BMR (bare minimum calories you should eat) and your TDEE - 15% (general guideline that this group suggests for losing weight).

Just taking a quick glance at your recent diary, it looks like you may be netting (calories consumed - exercise calories) below your BMR.

If your target is around 1200 calories, plus exercise calories, it may be too low for you.

Many of us have to experiment with setting targets until we get to a place our bodies respond to. Good luck!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    As some people have recommended taking measurements, I did.... and yes, there is a (small) difference! Some measurements went down .5-.75 inch, while some stayed the same. I am hoping I am really losing inches, and not just measuring differently! THANK YOU for all the support! :flowerforyou: