Doing something nice for yourself

Options
SuzieBikiniBound
SuzieBikiniBound Posts: 114 Member
I haven't had a haircut since January and hadn't had professional color since 2010. I will admit, my hair was pretty ratty on the ends. I just never found a reason to do anything with it since my job revolves around casual work clothes and sometimes a construction-esque atmosphere. Why bother?

Today, with the recommendation of a friend, I got a cut and color with some subtle highlights. I also got my eyebrows shaped. I feel like a MILLION bucks! Just taking the time to take care of my hair has made me feel better about myself. My hair looks healthy, it frames and flatters my face and my eyebrows are more complimentary. This feels almost as good as losing 10lbs!

What do you do to take care of yourself? Or to uplift your spirits?

Replies

• foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Every so often I like to go get a full body aromatherapy massage. If I don't opt for that, then my next best thing is Reiki Session.

When I am able to treat myself, I like to get my hair done, nails, massage and reiki - More for the soul than beauty so much.

I'd love to go on a spa break again - in fact, I may make that a goal reward and save up (somehow) in the meantime. :smile:

I like to be pampered.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Exercise & eating healthy is the nicest thing you can do for yourself.
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    Options
    That sounds like an AMAZING goal reward. You could always put $5 for every 1lb lost into a glass jar and watch it grow larger as you grow smaller. You could tape photo of a spa retreat onto the jar as a reminder of your goal. :)
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy and exercise.

To lift my spirits I volunteer. I do around 6-12 hours of volunteer work a week. One of the most rewarding things ever.
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    Options
    Where do you volunteer? Since moving to the UK I have really slacked off the volunteering I used to do through my local Kiwanis club. I miss it!
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Cherry Street Mission (homeless shelter)

Hanna's Socks (clothing donations)

St. Jude Children Research Hospital (cancer patients)

Little Sister of the Poor (nursing home)

Meals on Wheels (food for homeless)

- Any places like that are great to volunteer at!! -
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    Options
    Kudos to you! That's so awesome!! :)
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    When I find myself in a really bad place or feeling down or anything, I always find a way to treat myself to a massage at my favorite spa. It gives me 80 minutes of thought free relaxation.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an AMAZING goal reward. You could always put $5 for every 1lb lost into a glass jar and watch it grow larger as you grow smaller. You could tape photo of a spa retreat onto the jar as a reminder of your goal. :)

That sounds like a good idea, although it would be for every pound gained...lol. I do agree with the eating healthy and exercise being a reward too, as the end result is a happier healthier you. That's the reward for all the effort. But, yeah, when my spirits are low I like the whole soul lifting thing with the reiki and massage.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i actually went and bought myself a bunch of clothes and sneakers...too bad i cant afford to do so EVERYTIME im in a bad mood
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    Options
    But at almost 40lbs lost, you probably didn't have anything that fit! Gotta get some new things to show off your hard work and keep you motivated. :)
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I do yoga & buy myself clothes once in a while or get a peircing, or another workout dvd.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    just went from 253 to 199, wife bought me a certificate for full body massage.It was great!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    take a shower, deep condition my hair, shave, put lotion on, do a face scrub/mask, pluck my eyebrows... that kinda stuff makes me feel a lot better